• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Botnet

ianianmense

Experienced
Reaction score
I think all of us once got logged out in a game "because his internet broke".
Thats not true there are people who have acces to certain botnets who can just spam your router down it happended to me twice now. im not sure what mcsg can do about this but if someone has a (free) antibotnet firewall of some sorts i would like to use it.
http://uk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botnet
its really annoying and dangerous because i might be infeted now.

ThePikachuPro

Career
Reaction score
You can use Avast. That is the best antivirus program I can suggest. Google it, it should be the first thing. Download it and let it do a full run through of your computer. Delete all the detected viruses. If this doesn't help take it to the shop. Hope it helped!

Rrwery

Spectator
Reaction score
If you indeed are part of a botnet (which you are not) you would't be feeling it. People would remotely, and invisibly, use small portions of your computers performance and/or internet uploadspeed in order to secretly perform activities such as denial of service attacks, seedboxing etc. I've even seen people bitcoin mining.

You can easily prevent weak ddos attacks by using free software. But if someone is ddosing you with a large botnet or an actual purchased booter (networkstresser) you are left with 3 choices:
1 - Call your internet service provider, and have them change you'r IP address
2 - Call the cops. NOTE: While ddosing is illegal in most countries, including the USA, it is not against the law in others like for example northern europe, and this will rarely make it stop.
3 - Ddos them back. I can recommend bmbooter.com which i have used before. Monitor ingoing traffic or somehow get the guys IP and hit it at port 80 or 3072. It will take down any homeconnection with ease.

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If you indeed are part of a botnet (which you are not) you would't be feeling it. People would remotely, and invisibly, use small portions of your computers performance and/or internet uploadspeed in order to secretly perform activities such as denial of service attacks, seedboxing etc. I've even seen people bitcoin mining.

You can easily prevent weak ddos attacks by using free software. But if someone is ddosing you with a large botnet or an actual purchased booter (networkstresser) you are left with 3 choices:
2 - Call the cops. NOTE: While ddosing is illegal in most countries, including the USA, it is not against the law in others like for example northern europe, and this will rarely make it stop.
3 - Ddos them back. I can recommend bmbooter.com which i have used before. Monitor ingoing traffic or somehow get the guys IP and hit it at port 80 or 3072. It will take down any homeconnection with ease.
Everything that he said, but I don't recommend the last one. Even if need for revenge can be great, you can get yourself into big trouble mister ;)

Rrwery

Spectator
Reaction score
Everything that he said, but I don't recommend the last one. Even if need for revenge can be great, you can get yourself into big trouble mister ;)

He could, but keep in mind that that this guy is just 15 years old. It's not like he can get fined or go to jail or anything like that. If he got caught for ddossing, which i really doubt, the fact that he did it to defend himself will make him highly unlikely to get any type of punishment.

Crackling

Career
Reaction score
First of all, botnets are only tons of computers sending large packages very quickly to your router's IP address. This is to make your internet stress out by all the incoming traffic which it is not meant to handle. To say it in other words, this doesn't affect your computer, so don't worry. The only thing you need to do is to get your IP address changed so all those packages don't go on your router. If it keeps happening, contact your ISP, they could probably help you more than people here on the forums :)

slasherxtreme

District 13
Reaction score
He could, but keep in mind that that this guy is just 15 years old. It's not like he can get fined or go to jail or anything like that. If he got caught for ddossing, which i really doubt, the fact that he did it to defend himself will make him highly unlikely to get any type of punishment.
Yeah that's not true. He would get in a lot, and I mean A LOT of trouble with the law. DDOSing is something that is not taken lightly. Also it's hypocritical to call the police on someone for ddosing you, then going to ddos them... If you can call the police on them, they can do the same to you.

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score

Changing your IP won't do much if they have a good botnet, it can use the MAC.

Sumakid8

Experienced
Reaction score
Avast Virus Database has been updated. That's the most annoying thing during early morning Minecraft :mad:

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
My norton expires like in 5 minutes... So if someone could reply on which os the best anti everything software that would be great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci