• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bobo's MCSG Experience

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
NO, I'm not quitting. Yet.

I'm making this thread in honor of my long-awaited 1000th post. It's a long story, so bear with me. I'll try to embolden important parts.

I got Minecraft in 1.6 BETA, and started playing Multiplayer right off the bat. I quit because I had no idea what I was doing, but I later came back and played the game in Singleplayer, 1.8 BETA.

-I started playing MCSG in May 2012, and I made a forum account in early June. Immediately I fell in love with the survival games, shaking every time the game started from nerves, trying to survive on the mushrooms I could find, maybe getting to the Deathmatch. This was when I played it with all my IRL friends, and we were complete noobs. We had fun betraying people and discovering new secrets about the maps.

-Later, right before my friends stopped playing (they all got consoles), I became semi-active on the forums. Right away I was interested in building new maps for the community, critiquing a cave map that was one of the only community made ones and planning to build a castle map with someone else. Those plans fell through pretty quickly, but my early introduction came with a fascination of maps.

-I sat on the forums and played MCSG solo for a long time, then I discovered Skype. I made a few skype teams (My main one was with tracymiller), and I started getting better. At this point my favorite map was SG3, and Breeze and SG4 were released a little later. I loathed them for being so overplayed.

-A new age in the Bobodom: Teamspeak. Oh goodness, Teamspeak. When I first got it, I would sit in Other Games for as long as I was on, and random people would come in and talk to me. I had some really good conversations with people that I don't remember. Then I started getting lonely because none of these conversations ever recurred, so I started trying to find friends.

-I think my first 'New Friends' game was with RC_4777 , and a lot of other people, and it involved fanboying someone named MonkeyMovie. Hilarious and helpful. We helped him win around five games. A couple days later I was playing a game and I saw HalfSquirrel on a team with Ginger ... I think. I said I have Teamspeak right before they almost killed me. Now we're best internet friends. This also pulled me into Team Apollo, and I was one of the first normal members.

-Team Apollo gets members and builds a (pretty crappy) map called Athena's Manor. I got a lot of friends from this including Theoretical , ZorroDC, and Virtual . Once the map was... done... I began sitting on TS again in Other Games and Team Fortress 2, where you can usually find me now if I'm on. I made quite a bit of friends in these channels as well as wherever they took me. As many of these friends as I can name: shoottomaim (later joined Team Apollo) Knaala marinanycole SoNotShannon Spike11 qwErtyVAsdfghN TheRealAussie and a drove of mods.

-Also around this time I was part of the HellGames gamemakers, and helped in the start of Hell Games by making skins and logos. When Chad started hosting the event, I had the privilege enough to be in the Teamspeak Channel (his office) and talk with all of the 'higher ups' on several of the games. Definitely a highlight, and I had a fun time.

Last edited:

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Hey I get a post on the first page :) Beautiful story :p Also, took you too long to make post noob.

Virtual

District 13
Reaction score
Congratulations on 1000 posts. :D
I'm glad I'm one of your friends. :3

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
IT DIDNT GIVE ME AN ALERT
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
But yeah I love you too Bobo :). You better not quit or imma pull out the TNT on Oia.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci