• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

BlueHeron's guide to making a cool username

u liek?

• Total voters

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
Old thread got locked for necro, so I'm re-posting it for prospective alt buyers to see, and hopefully use. Enjoy.

Okay guys, I've recently nodused a rising interest in new accounts. Personally, I had been part of the interested group, and spent 5+ hours trying to find the 'perfect' username. Eventually I came up with Orym, which I'm very happy with. Short, orginal, and easy on the tongue; the perfect package. I've decided to write up a short guide on how I created such a username, and how you can create a cool one.

STEP 1: Fantasy Name Generator- The first step in my guide, is to head over to a fantasy name generator. I recommend this one here. Input the type of name you want. For example, I put in 'short names' but the site allows for some cool username generation, such as the pokemon option. You should end up with a grid like this:

STEP 2: Change it up- Mess around with the names a bit. Add letters at the beginning, end. Make it sound more natural, and fun. For me, I saw the root 'Rym' and then added the 'o' in the beginning, ending up with Orym. For example, I'll take the root Ranst (in the top row) and add the suffix -iks, becoming Ranstiks, which I kinda like. Just mess around with it, and create a bunch of usernames, so you have a selection to choose from.

STEP 3: [UPDATED] Availability- Check the names availability. The best way to check username availability is by beginning to make another Minecraft account. To do this, head over to https://minecraft.net/store/minecraft and begin to complete the process. Once you've gone past the first stage, which is putting in a Mojang account, you'll be greeted by a box like this:

Just fill that box out and it'll check it for you, like this sample test:

TIPS:
- I like to void numbers and _'s; feels unprofessional to me.
- Always start with a capitol letter, makes everything look better.
- Invent a lot of usernames, so you have a good selection to choose from when you decide to buy an account

Thanks for reading, and remember to leave a like if this helped :D

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'm sorry for locking your old one ;-;

So incredibly glad you made a new and refreshed thread!

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
As with the previous one, very nice. :) (Even though this is the exact same thing, haha)

I've actually met two people who said that they used your Guide to pick out their Alt username. :eek:

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
As with the previous one, very nice. :) (Even though this is the exact same thing, haha)

I've actually met two people who said that they used your Guide to pick out their Alt username. :eek:
I actually added some more details, and made an example username from the grid in step 2, so it's not entirely the same :p That's super awesome that people have actually made alts with my guide :)

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this thread is just to make me feel bad. I may change it to "TurtleGalaxy" if there IS a Username change Feature, but ttt6t is very sentimental c:

Cale

Survivor
Reaction score
For my alt, I either wante dit to be short and sweet or sick and long, I chose PureDevastation

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci