• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Biggest Idol

Rick Astley

Career
Reaction score
As you can see from the title, this thread is about your biggest idol. It doesn't have to be limited to Minecraft, it can be your biggest idol in life c:

Mine is Ryan Lochte because I'm a swimmer
Who is yours? Fill out this and let me and the community hear it :)

Biggest idol?:
Why?:

Reactions:

ThaLichBD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Huahwi because hes an great player and great persona really good model to follow Sir.

Freshly

District 13
Reaction score
My mom! (and no, not because it's Mother's Day :p )
me. hahaha
--
Minecraft wise: Huahwi, I guess
Why?: Has a huge fan base, channel grew extremely fast, and he seems like a chill person.
-
Idol: Bill Gates / Steve Jobs
Why?: Extremely talented folks, and I mean, it's Bill Gates and Steve Jobs, that = $$$ :p

EarthAU

Survivor
Reaction score
MY BIGGEST IDOL EVA LIKE A LOVE LOVE LIKE BED BED IS HUAWHI OMG I THINK I NEEDS THE ABUMBALANCE! HUAWHI!!!!!!!!!!!

LoL jk big idol will be Justin Boobie.

JaviGBU

Platinum
Reaction score
Biggest idol?: Steve Jobs
Why?: He studied when he was 50 years old , and he made one of the biggest companies ever.

Reaction score
Iggy Azalea, Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears.
I love there music and I want to pursue a career as long as their's in the music industry :3.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
You know, its weird. To proclaim someone as your biggest idol when perhaps you don't even know them from head to toes —you can't know someone completely from head to toes. But what I mean is that, to proclaim someone who seems to have striven through our ambitions, or to have accepted what we thought we never could, seems surreal.
I think that having an idol just blinds us and makes us want to take the same path they took, in hope that we will also look as beyond as they did; they blind us from analyzing, contemplating, and taking these people's experiences into consideration. I think that it is not about striving for what you don't have, it is about striving for what you want: If you want money because you don't have it, why do you want it? That reason past the money is what we really should strive for. If we want money for a car, how can we get the money? We get a job. If we want the money to help people, how can we help people? There are but too many ways to help others.

To me, anyone who I've seen their life, been part of it, seen them grow and see how far they've gone is an idol: to have gone beyond me and still dazzle me. To me, anyone who is confident enough, empowering and strong is an idol.

"But Steve Jobs was empowering and confident" He was, he was also innovative, but his work started off someone else who couldn't keep up, unlike Steve he was younger and was charismatic to make a mass empire. He is inspiring, definitely. But he can't be called an idol as all his empire is due to someone else's work

Now to all said above there are some exceptions. There are people like Kim Kardashian who have made an empire of someone else's work. However, she has been innovative, she has used this popularity and reputation to her advantage and entered the fashion world, mobile word, and she could become independent off that someome else's work.

These two persons mentioned above are from two totally different worlds, yet they do share something in common: they both got to where they are thanks to someone else. I definitely think Kim Kardashian has used to her advantage the work her mom, Kris Jenner, has made as her manager, as Kim has expanded her empire and she has real-state of her own, her own business's, unlike Steve, his colleague's work it is the basis of portable computers. However, I will say that Steve did definitely did a lot of innovative things, like the iPhone —but even the iPhone is based off Mac OS, which originated from his colleague's work. lol.

However, what I admire Steve Jobs the most for is: Despite there was days where he treated his workers as slaves when he first started, if he hadn't done it, someone else would have done it. Another thing that I admire from Steve Jobs is that how almost when Apple's Empire fell down, he didn't give up until the last moment, and then he came up with the idea of colored iMacs, which saved Apple. So, I do definitely admire Steve, but he isn't an idol for me. So far no one has dazzled me to the point I can call someone an idol on the technology world.

Its weird to have correlated this two people, but what makes someone inspiring is not how far they've come, but how much have they've gone through, their choices and their mistakes. These mistakes become experience for the person and for the reader; through multiple points of view, we can analyze to see what is the best option.

Now, since this is MCGamer I will say someone who I can actually call an idol: Lovelights

Why? Because he is, from my point of view, the most skilled player this community has had. He really is the best player. Not only could he help people, he could understand them; not only did he make mistakes, he amended for them and not by a day looked beyond them; not only was he banned, he became a moderator —when he shouldn't have, yet he did an outstanding job; not only did he get VIP once, he got it twice; and he nurtured this image, he become loved by people and after all he did, he had done more good than worse. And this stories are those we can really learn something.

Last edited:

Rick Astley

Career
Reaction score
You know, its weird. To proclaim someone as your biggest idol when perhaps you don't even know them from head to toes —you can't know someone completely from head to toes. But what I mean is that, to proclaim someone who seems to have striven through our ambitions, or to have accepted what we thought we never could, seems surreal.
I think that having an idol just blinds us and makes us want to take the same path they took, in hope that we will also look as beyond as they did; they blind us from analyzing, contemplating, and taking these people's experiences into consideration. I think that it is not about striving for what you don't have, it is about striving for what you want: If you want money because you don't have it, why do you want it? That reason past the money is what we really should strive for. If we want money for a car, how can we get the money? We get a job. If we want the money to help people, how can we help people? There are but too many ways to help others.

To me, anyone who I've seen their life, been part of it, seen them grow and see how far they've gone is an idol: to have gone beyond me and still dazzle me. To me, anyone who is confident enough, empowering and strong is an idol.

"But Steve Jobs was empowering and confident" He was, he was also innovative, but his work started off someone else who couldn't keep up, unlike Steve he was younger and was charismatic to make a mass empire. He is inspiring, definitely. But he can't be called an idol as all his empire is due to someone else's work

Now to all said above there are some exceptions. There are people like Kim Kardashian who have made an empire of someone else's work. However, she has been innovative, she has used this popularity and reputation to her advantage and entered the fashion world, mobile word, and she could become independent off that someome else's work.

These two persons mentioned above are from two totally different worlds, yet they do share something in common: they both got to where they are thanks to someone else. I definitely think Kim Kardashian has used to her advantage the work her mom, Kris Jenner, has made as her manager, as Kim has expanded her empire and she has real-state of her own, her own business's, unlike Steve, his colleague's work it is the basis of portable computers. However, I will say that Steve did definitely did a lot of innovative things, like the iPhone —but even the iPhone is based off Mac OS, which originated from his colleague's work. lol.

However, what I admire Steve Jobs the most for is: Despite there was days where he treated his workers as slaves when he first started, if he hadn't done it, someone else would have done it. Another thing that I admire from Steve Jobs is that how almost when Apple's Empire fell down, he didn't give up until the last moment, and then he came up with the idea of colored iMacs, which saved Apple. So, I do definitely admire Steve, but he isn't an idol for me. So far no one has dazzled me to the point I can call someone an idol on the technology world.

Its weird to have correlated this two people, but what makes someone inspiring is not how far they've come, but how much have they've gone through, their choices and their mistakes. These mistakes become experience for the person and for the reader; through multiple points of view, we can analyze to see what is the best option.

Now, since this is MCGamer I will say someone who I can actually call an idol: Lovelights

Why? Because he is, from my point of view, the most skilled player this community has had. He really is the best player. Not only could he help people, he could understand them; not only did he make mistakes, he amended for them and not by a day looked beyond them; not only did was he banned, he became a moderator —when he shouldn't have, yet he did an outstanding job; not only did he get VIP once, he got it twice; and he nurtured this image, he become loved by people and after all he did, he had done more good than worse. And this stories are those we can really learn something.
Wow, those are inspiring words <3 :')

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci