• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bad Login Errors

KieranMasters

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello MC gamers.

I and my friends along side a lot of other people have been having a huge problem with
"Bad login". I've been playing for quite a while now and it seems to be occuring on ALL servers,
I've found that I've personally been kicked only once in mid game because of this but not only that
It usually occurs on login to the server. Usually does this around 5-7 times trying to login. Reloading
Minecraft doesn't really help at all.

But the question is:
Why is this happening all of a sudden?

And for a second question that is unrelative:
Why is BSM banned? All it does is make you sprint instantly
instead double pressing "w". Seems like a pointless thing to ban.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Bad login happens for two reasons:

-Minecraft sessions are down
-They're using MagicLauncher

To know when sessions are down, check it here: https://help.mojang.com/
I'm not sure if they're using MagicLauncher, but since 1.7.2 I can't play on Magic Launcher thanks to that error.

Gregzoid

Spectator
Reaction score
-Not using magic launcher
-Sessions are not down
And I'm still getting bad login. Been trying to play since ~7pm this evening (2 am now) without luck. Was working fine this afternoon.

Any idea what's wrong?

KieranMasters

Spectator
Reaction score
Could this be linked to using 1.6.4 client? I'm only using it because Optifine 1.7.2 hasn't been released yet.

Tigerstain

Diamond
Reaction score
Minecraft legacy servers went down awhile ago, so MCSG is only compatible with 1.7+ clients at the moment.

Reaction score
Mojang Support Center
A bad login error is sometimes encountered when trying to connect to a multiplayer server. Because it happens after you've already logged into Minecraft, it is not related to your account login. This error can happen for a few reasons, but it's usually related to a problem in communication between your computer/network and the server that you are trying to connect to.

Possible solutions are:

• Check that your network connection is enabled, and that no programs are blocking outgoing connections.
  • Try disabling any existing firewall program, or changing its configuration options.
  • Restart your modem/router.

If issues continue, you may want to contact your network and/or server administrator.
Thank You

filett55

Diamond
Reaction score
this is also happenig to me,I can't join in any premium server for this issue...
edit: I can play on mcsg only with 1.7.2,other ways this says me bad login

Golden Warrior

Spectator
Reaction score
According to the minecrafthelp IRC "Non-1.7 clients are currently getting Failed: Bad Login error when trying to log into multiplayer servers. 1.7 clients are not affected. There is no ETA for a fix. Please wait patiently as Mojang fixes the issue."

In other words, most people here have the right idea, we'll just have to wait this out. (Dangit, no Optifine.)

filett55

Diamond
Reaction score
According to the minecrafthelp IRC "Non-1.7 clients are currently getting Failed: Bad Login error when trying to log into multiplayer servers. 1.7 clients are not affected. There is no ETA for a fix. Please wait patiently as Mojang fixes the issue."

In other words, most people here have the right idea, we'll just have to wait this out. (Dangit, no Optifine.)
aw nice,this comfort me :3

Gregzoid

Spectator
Reaction score
Last night I did as OP said, just keep trying and eventually you'll get in, and it works.
Had like 5 or 6 bad login errors and then finally got in.
Now i'm getting the bad login again but atleast I can play after a few tries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci