• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

AVN Game Guide - Deadly Descent

Reaction score
Hello members of MCGamer! Ever since the merge was announced between the AVN and MCG, I've been seeing a lot of players from MCG on, and, unfortunately, they are terrible at the games, as they've never played them before. I am going to go in-depth into all the games, maps, to give you all the advantage you need when the servers fully merge! We start off with my favorite game, Deadly Descent.

What is this game?
Deadly Descent is a skill parkour game, where you start at the top, and must parkour your way to the bottom. The lowest amount of blocks you need to parkour is 150~, and the highest amount of blocks you need to parkour is about 220. It's a simple basis, but with lots of quirks that make it great.

There are 4 kits in this game:

They are Heavyweight, Featherweight, Leaper, and Pacifist.

Heavyweight is for the people who don't like parkour. You receive 50% less knockback from people punching you, allowing you to either scale down easier, or to engage in fights with other players easier. If I had to rate this, it would be the second best choice, as some people simply can't parkour. The class looks like a chestplate in the villager's inventory, and is available to all.

Featherweight is for the people skilled at parkour, or people who are decent, but need help. Featherweight gives you a reduced amount of fall damage, which is the best thing you could ask for in a vertical parkour game. You get a pair of Golden boots, in which you take about 15 percent less damage from falls, which is tremendously good. This is the number one choice, and always will be, as it is so useful, and can be played with on any map. Also you have pretty boots.

Leaper is a class that isn't the most practical, but still fun to mess around with. You get a feather, that you can leap with, to reach a block that is farther away than a regular jump. However, the downside is that you take fall damage for the leap, AS WELL as the regular fall damage, and you are going down, not up. Most of you shouldn't worry about it though, as it is a Hero only class at the moment.

Pacifist is the worst kit in the game. I'm not going to hide it, and I won't try to cover it up in any way- it's just terrible. Pacifist gives you immunity to PVP, but you take double fall damage, which is the opposite of what you want. PVP is negligible, as if you are far enough down, you've won already. Taking 2x fall damage is the downfall (get it) of the kit, and playing it is like playing SG with no armor. Don't do it, unless you're insanely good at parkour, or bored out of your mind.

Those are all the kits, let's move onto maps. There are currently five Deadly Descent maps, and I will go over all of them, with pictures, and strategy, starting with the original (aptly named).

This map is the classic map that we have all grown to love. Being the smallest map, as well as the least complex, it is incredibly fun to play, as well as a quick match; players have played it enough to understand that running in opposite directions of each other is smart, and that sticking close to the glass is also smart. My main tips for this map are: Avoid PvP whenever possible, it causes you to get unfocused, fall behind, and you might even die. Stick close to the edge, as you will have a clearer way down, and be away from people.
What it looks like from the bottom:

The second map that we will be covering is Glacier it is a tremendously fun map, with only one downside; you spawn backwards! Many players do not know this, but if you turn around, there is a much clearer way down, giving you an advantage over people who run straight, dying instantly. My tips for this map: Try going around the sides, not through the middle. The paths are better, as well as avoiding more people. Find a route for this map. If you develop your own route, you will have a path to follow each game, and you will keep winning games.
What it looks like from the side/falling down:

The third map that will be covered is
Nether Descent. This map is near the same as The Original, except it is focused in the Nether, with Soul Sand to slow you down. It is also much darker, giving you a disadvantage unless you are parkour down the middle, which is recommended. My tips for this map: Go down near the center pillar. You will have an easier way, and you will be able to see more. Avoid the lava (obviously) it is only one block deep, and it will also kill you.

The fourth map is called Hurricane Escape, and it is possibly the most infuriating map of all. Since there is Ice, as well as glass, you might get confused, which could lead you to falling down and dying. The most important trip is to take things slow; if you rush through the map, you will surely die. This map is very large, so PvP is likely a non-issue, however, it is fun to play King of the Hill on top of this map. My tips for this map: Go slow, people are likely not going to be faster than you, so you will have a direct advantage if you aren't rushing.
What it looks like from the bottom (it looks soooooooo cool when you finish it):

The fifth and last map is called The Cog. It is the largest map, and the easiest, (in my opinion) to play, since it is so large, you can easily avoid other players, as well as being able to complete the map very easily, as there are jumps that only take half a heart throughout the entire course, leading to a very easy descent. My tips for this map: Try not to speed run this map, taking your time is essential. Playing this map with anything but Featherweight is not smart, as you can take a multitude of shortcuts with Featherweight.

Thank you all for reading! I hope you enjoyed, and are a bit better at Deadly Descent. If you would like to play a round of the games, be sure to hop on to mc.antvenom.com, and select the golden boots in the compass. I recommend joining in groups of 2-3, as you can have the most fun that way, and have epic king of the hill fights if you get bored. If you see me on, be sure to say hi! Happy Survival Games!

-CarnlvaL

S

Sepyz

Why has nobody else replied to this? This seems extremely helpful.

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
This is really well made and informative! Nice job!

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
:eek:

Thank you for this! I didn't know any details about the minigames from AVN, just the game themes. I'm actually really looking forwards to playing Deadly Descent now, I might stream it some time this week :3 once I get half-decent at it, haha.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci