• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Apple vs. Android Debate

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Title says it all. Post your opinion and why. I will refrain from posting until a few people have posted so I don't influence anyone.

DyeCreppare

Tribute
Reaction score
So when it comes to computers, bunnies mac go Windows. but when i comes to phones... i gotta give it to Apple. I have an iPhone4S and it works amazing. great internet speed, amazing App store which has wayyyy better games then Google play, and it's simple. In fact, Android is kinda complicated for the average user (puberty strucken teenagers and buisness adult guys/girls.) With an iPhone i can do things at the speeds i need it too. the App Store has the best phone games i know. sure Android has some really good games on there's, but c'mon, look what we have. Fall Down, Angry Birds, (we had it first so :cool:.), hell, we even have one of the most amazing games on the iPhone, the walking dead. Android has it's perks, but nothing compares to the goodness of an iPhone:D<3

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Counter argument time! :)

1.Internet speed varies between carriers. According to speed tests, newer android devices, such as the GS4 and HTC One are faster than the iphone 5.

2. The most recent report from both Google Play and the App Store claim 750,000 apps, so the app number is about equal. Of course, Android growth is much faster than the App Store's. I predict that Google Play will surpass the App Store in number of apps in the future.

3. Well of course the App Store would have games first, it was widespread earlier than the Play Store. Not to mention, Android has Angry Birds for free ;)

4. Android is not that complicated. There's just home screens that display shortcuts to apps and widgets. It's kinda sad if that is complicated for a apple user....

DyeCreppare

Tribute
Reaction score
Counter-Counter Argument Time, wait wha :confused:

1. This is true, 4G is very fast, but i can easily jailbreak my iPhone to get 'Nitrous' which increases internet speeds by 4x.

2. Google Play yes is around equal, there really are alot of Good games on Google Play. there is a game called "Light Bike 2' on iPhone which is very well designed and a fun game to play with your friends. there is a similar rip-off game on Android called "Light Bike" which has the gameplay of a 2 year old and a monkey trying to design a racing game.

3. Jailbreak, free apps, done. and yes you have Angry Birds for free but what other blockbuster game (other then Fruit Ninja) that you have that is free and we don't have free?

4. Yes i know it is not complicated but alot of the consumers who will buy an Android will be confused bebcause there too used to the simple home screen of the iPhone (and by consumers I mean not so techy guys ages 28-Idfk.)

5. Just putting this out there if you werre going to counter with "jailbreaking is a waste you lose your warranty" and Good, it's just as easy to jailbreak an iPhone as it is to unjailbreak an iPhone. just Backup then Restore.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yes, screw over developers by jail breaking and stealing their copyrighted app. Great idea! /s

By the way, if we're going the "jailbreaking iphone makes it as good as an Android" route, rooting an Android gives so much more benefits over jailbreaking.

DyeCreppare

Tribute
Reaction score
I use to have a jailbroken iPhone, but i undid it because there was a problem so i had to bring it to the genius bar. and jailbreaking doesn't make it as good as an Android, is makes it much, much more better. Hell, if i had an iPhone but i was on your sidee about Androids, i coudl've just installed a tweak where The homescreen and everything IS an Android. so really it's a 2 for 1 deal :)

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
1. Your situation is a great example of how unstable a jailbroken iPhone is.

2. You can download Apple theme launchers from the Play Store too...

DyeCreppare

Tribute
Reaction score
1. it wasn't the jailbreak that made me unjailbreak it, it was the screen being cracked up to hell. I backed it up, saved it on iTunes, and went to the genius bar to give the current ALL OF THE BUNNIES up iPhone for repair.

2. that was basically my argument just switched, lol.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
1. Sorry, I misinterpreted your situation. But you should watch your language.

2. That's the point. I'm trying to prove that the whole "I can make it look like Android" argument is invalid.

DyeCreppare

Tribute
Reaction score
1. Sorry, i tend to swear alot, I got it from my mother lol.

2. GG this is true. i just think iPhone is much more easy to use then the Android, maybe it's just me but i dunno. I know Android is easy to use as well but it's just my opinion :)

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I like simplicity, but iOS is just too simple. It is basically an map drawer.

BazzBerry

Survivor
Reaction score
I have an Android (Galaxy S3) and I love it.
My old iPhone doesn't come close to comparing with it, I'm so glad I switched.

I love the screen size, and the speed of it. I also prefer the applications available on the Android, and I like the fact that it's open sourced. Much easier to work with and customize then iPhones. I also completely despise iTunes. Worst software ever (in my opinion) and I hated every second of using it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci