• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Any tips for first day at work?

ImaDinosawRAWR

Platinum
Reaction score
This is a thread that's pretty different and I know there's a lot of older players on the forums and I'm really nervous :confused:
It's my first day at a volunteering job tomorrow (6 hour shift help pls). I'm basically just doing small jobs for animals on a nearby farm, but still it's my first ever job and I don't know what to expect.
Any one got any tips? They'd be really helpful :)

Aldo1497

Diamond
Reaction score
Always be respectfull and try to give a hand to anything you think you may be helpfull. Also be confident as Attorah said :p

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
Be active - do your jobs efficiently and correctly, and be ready to receive your next task. If you are not sure of what to do, ask for assistance - its more important that the job is done right.

Danny

Platinum
Reaction score
Get to know your co-workers, if you don't work can feel longer than it is. Getting to know them makes it seem shorter.

It also depends what job you are working for, and always be active.

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
Get to know your co-workers, if you don't work can feel longer than it is. Getting to know them makes it seem shorter.

It also depends what job you are working for, and always be active.
I used to work at a Vet Clinic with other uni students, and it was actually really nice to get to know them. Helped me calm down and get into the swing of things on the first day.

Blazerboy | Noah

District 13
Reaction score
whatever you do, do not assume anything. if you "think" that something could be done a different way than how you're instructed, stick to what you were told. i've gotten into so many difficult situations just because i assume things and think outside the box...

Reaction score
Make lots of friends and ask questions! There's nothing worse then feeling guilty of not knowing what you're doing and not asking for assistance :)

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
If you are unsure of the task you were given, just ask how to do it. After all, you are new and learning, so it's not wrong to ask. Heck, I've been at my job for a few months and I still ask how to do stuff.

Always be friendly. Even dealing with the worst people, always remain calm and polite.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci