• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Allowed to bind Sprint to another key?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
Would it be okay if I changed how to sprint from double tapping W to something else? (shift, q, g, etc...)
Sometimes when I double tap W, it does not make my character sprint so I kind've fail at the beginning. I am not sure if such a thing is against the rules or not.
Thanks in advance for the reply.

Last edited:

Nathan Fisher

Spectator
Reaction score
I don't see why, it's basically just another controller scheme, but i guess since you would have to use a mod some people might get angry....

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It depends if it's toggle on-off or you have to hold down a button, when you run into a block does it stop the sprinting?

My computer is too laggy to start sprinting. :p

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
If it is against the rules it shouldn't, it's just a change of the key binding. I might even do it too, just to try.

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
It depends if it's toggle on-off or you have to hold down a button, when you run into a block does it stop the sprinting?

My computer is too laggy to start sprinting. :p
If I followed that criteria, how would I prove that I am using it truthfully?

Vhaly

Experienced
Reaction score
It stop the sprint, I just tried it on singleplayer, but it restart when you start to run. Kinda easy to sprint with a bind key, I still don't think it's allowed on the servers.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It stop the sprint, I just tried it on singleplayer, but it restart when you start to run. Kinda easy to sprint with a bind key, I still don't think it's allowed on the servers.
There are two different ones I've seen. One of which I think would be allowed, it isn't that one. With it you run into a block, but you have to release the key and rehold it down whilst walking to start sprinting again, it's a lot harder then normally sprinting but it's a decent fix for people who have lag when attempting to sprint.

Vhaly

Experienced
Reaction score
There are two different ones I've seen. One of which I think would be allowed, it isn't that one. With it you run into a block, but you have to release the key and rehold it down whilst walking to start sprinting again, it's a lot harder then normally sprinting but it's a decent fix for people who have lag when attempting to sprint.
Can you send me the link to the key binding ? Would want to try.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score

Vhaly

Experienced
Reaction score
I tested key sprint in singleplayer, this is really nice, sometimes (without the key binding) I double tap W and it didn't sprint so in survival games it sucks. :C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci