• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Afraid of talking in front of people?

Isaacswag

Career
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone had any tips about talking in front of a group people? I don't know why but I start to shake and you can hear it in my voice. Well, It would mean a lot of anyone could give me a couple of tips :)

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
Sure! One of the best things you can do is be prepared for what you want to speak about. As a musician, I know that I can go through a difficult solo in front of a large audience and not get nervous or start shaking as long as I don't mess up. Once I start messing up, I start shaking, which only causes me to mess up more. If you know what you want to say, then you will not struggle as much for words, and you will appear a much stronger speaker.

Another thing you can do is just have a confident, knowledgeable attitude about what you are speaking about. Even if you are a little unsure, make sure you sound like an expert. Don't pause too much. If you don't know what you are going to say next, talk slowly and plan ahead a little. Don't say "uh" or "um" too much, as that makes you sound like some sort of lost tourist or something.

You can try to lighten up your audience with jokes and interaction. Being connected to your audience will make them much less intimidating. You will notice that all comedians and magicians interact with their audience during their performance. This actually helps them to keep a cool head. Even if you can just make your audience laugh, that is something to make things less scary.

Finally, you have to imagine that it is not as big of a deal as you think it is. Don't stress too much about it beforehand. This sounds corny, but try to imagine you are just speaking to a good friend or your cat, etc... If you think it's a big deal, then it will become one.

If you think you will do well, then you will.

Last edited:
S

Sepyz

I have the exact same issue. In all honesty, I recommend seeing a counselor. They can be extremely helpful for pretty much anything, not only serious and depressing things.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Always start off with, "I like Minecraft." That way you can be assured that you have everyones attention, and they will be paying attention. Next, when someone starts to laugh say, "That's not nice, he is poop head." Then the teacher (if you are doing it in class) will take you outside, and maybe him too, and that will be the end of that.

DanTehCow

Spectator
Reaction score
Always start off with, "I like Minecraft." That way you can be assured that you have everyones attention, and they will be paying attention. Next, when someone starts to laugh say, "That's not nice, he is poop head." Then the teacher (if you are doing it in class) will take you outside, and maybe him too, and that will be the end of that.
I'm an arsenal fan aswell who's your favourite player??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci