• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Account Reset Request

Should players be able to manually reset their stats?

• Total voters

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't think the leaderboards will be resetting again any time soon if ever. They have reset once in beta, and that was for a good reason that I do not remember.
Someone else recently suggested the same thing, and I support it, somewhat.

I think this is also a Feature Suggestion, so I don't know if it should be moved there since it can also be considered to be just a reset request (which is what you want).
Anyways, there are advantages and disdvantages to being able to reset your stats. For one, it would be easy for people to get a fresh start! There are many people who I can see wanting one of those.
But there are also many problems. Hackers would be able to hide their potentially amazing win to loss ratios and pretend to be noobs that have never played before, people could lag the system by constantly resetting their stats (something that would almost definitely happen) and people might not do this on purpose, but people could lag the system by resetting their stats every time they lose to have an amazing win to loss ratio.

I see this as being more of a problem than a good thing to add, but I think it would be nice if players could request a reset from a staff member so as not to cause too much trouble but still be able to get your stats reset.

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
It should be individual, and not to everyone. I like what HalfSquirrel said at the end, that, "I see this as being more of a problem than a good thing to add, but I think it would be nice if players could request a reset from a staff member so as not to cause too much trouble but still be able to get your stats reset." That is a great solution, in my opinion.

ZEDeZEDMCSG

Tribute
Reaction score
I would like stats to reset as this was firstly my cousins account and he had bad stats. and people always say 'ZEDeZED why so bad stats'
:( please
or if yous could add, so I can reset my own stats :)

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
Okay. Well. That would be cool though if you could reset you statistics in game whenever with a confirmation commands, like they do for bounties. I had no Idea they reset all the stats. Thanks. Do you happen to know if it's an annual thing? Or if it's just mid game OMGWTF I HAVE NO POINTS :D (sorry for caps lock mods)
I didn't get my first win till 1000 games. You already have 15 wins in 126 games. You are perfectly fine! ;)

Keanu267

Survivor
Reaction score
I think it should be an annual thing for everyone or you can choose because its not fair to new people if they wanna get to #1 and maybe if you're #1 in the year 2013 you get a special tag and that could be a thing to achieve every year?

MahxiXBL

Diamond
Reaction score
This is a good idea! However, there should be an 'application' form you have to fill in stating WHY you should get to have your stats reset, maybe one of the senior moderator's or higher powered staff members review each of these once a week to see whether or not a player deserves a second chance. But, this is a LOT more work for the staff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci