• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

DEADLY DESCENT Above the Clouds

Do you want to see this map on MCGamer servers?

• Total voters

GoldSatellite

Tribute
Reaction score
Name of map: Above the Clouds
Lead Builder: brcn24
Game type: Deadly Descent
Map description: A helicopter crash themed Deadly Descent map.
Video/screenshots:
Spawning area:

Clouds (Jumping Platforms):

A look from the bottom of the map:

Map radius:
50 blocks
Coordinates of spawn point: -1416 205 608
Y Coordinate of bottom level: 5

I, brcn24, agree and accept that by submitting this map to the MCGamer Network for consideration it may be altered by the staff of MCGamer at any time in order to make gameplay changes. Also, by accepting this you understand that any violation of the map guidelines such as, but not limited to OP items being placed, may result in the immediate removal of your map and or any associated given ranks (VIP) from our servers. The MCGamer staff have full rights to decide whether or not the map in question is applied to or remains on the server network and the status of the map is subject to change at any time.

Last edited:

Christian

Experienced
Reaction score
While I do think it is beautiful (and it has an amazing concept behind it), I'm not 100% sure as to whether this would be a good fit for DD.

Again (as I've stated previously), while it does have a good theme, there aren't blocks to jump on, but platforms, instead. Due to there being somewhat more centralized blocks/platforms, there would be higher concentrations of players per platform.

However, an advantage to the platforms would be that in having these, it could give more of a "PvP-ish" feel to the game. It almost gives MCGamer's touch of SG, and infuses that in to Deadly Descent.

Overall, the map does look fairly nice, however I'm not completely sure about it, due to the points I've stated above. I'd love to see other people's opinions on this :)

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
While I do think it is beautiful (and it has an amazing concept behind it), I'm not 100% sure as to whether this would be a good fit for DD.

Again (as I've stated previously), while it does have a good theme, there aren't blocks to jump on, but platforms, instead. Due to there being somewhat more centralized blocks/platforms, there would be higher concentrations of players per platform.

However, an advantage to the platforms would be that in having these, it could give more of a "PvP-ish" feel to the game. It almost gives MCGamer's touch of SG, and infuses that in to Deadly Descent.

Overall, the map does look fairly nice, however I'm not completely sure about it, due to the points I've stated above. I'd love to see other people's opinions on this :)
As Christian said. To add on to that just a tiny bit, I think a few more areas for jumping off would be appropriate. Great start!

Vigilo

District 13
Reaction score

There are at least 2 maps who also doesn't have blocks to jump on. I think that this is another nice way of a DD parkour :)

Christian

Experienced
Reaction score
There are at least 2 maps who also doesn't have blocks to jump on. I think that this is another nice way of a DD parkour :)
Ah! I wasn't aware of other maps like this, as I'm not too frequent of a player of Deadly Descent. But yes, you are right, it definitely does add another nice way to play DD!

SuperMCSam

Career
Reaction score
This looks amazing! Like Ipad said, it adds an SG touch! I think that you could lose the prismarine walls though. Wool or something like that would look better! Other than that, good job!

GoldSatellite

Tribute
Reaction score

This looks amazing! Like Ipad said, it adds an SG touch! I think that you could lose the prismarine walls though. Wool or something like that would look better! Other than that, good job!
OK! I updated the map. Hope you like this version of the map! :):)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci