• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Above-average Laptop CPU temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronInforcersecond

Spectator
Reaction score
I have a laptop cooler with two fans in it that should decently cool my laptop, but i'm concerned it might not be working. I have a very large gaming laptop (the ASUS G73Jh) with the intel i7 quad core @ 1.6GHz, that can (and constantly does) overclock automatically up to 2.6GHz. I just started to monitor my latptop's heat levels and quickly found out it was reaching temperatures of 60-70 Celcius on all four of my cores when just playing Minecraft and talking on Skype, and idles at around 60 Celsius.

I have never had any performance issues ever. I only have my laptop shut down (to prevent damage from heat) when i'm playing a game that has decent graphics (sometimes even TF2) on highest settings. I am very worried that my laptop isn't being properly cooled, because my laptop is equipped with a ATI Radeon Mobility HD 5870 GPU, which requires lots of cooling and I seem to be the only one with it overheating.

What I want to know is, what temperature does your laptop run at? It says my laptop is one of the only ones with a cooling system good enough to use the graphics card and CPU without it overheating, however I am experiencing problems. Since my laptop's *superior* cooling system, it's average should be very low.

I also recently had my laptop Blue Screen for the first time today. I went to launch TF2 and it blue screened. I'm thinking this could be because of heating problems.

I really want to know if I have a problem, because i'm afraid to play games like Crysis anymore for fear of causing damage to my hardrive or equipment.

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Maybe set it back to 2.3GHz, close some other running programs. But I think it is not really a big deal that it's that warm. Also don't place your laptop in warm area's. And about the blue screen. A blue screen of death is a windows error so that is not caused by the overheating.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
What worked by me is constantly cleaning your fans :eek:

IronInforcersecond

Spectator
Reaction score
And about the blue screen. A blue screen of death is a windows error so that is not caused by the overheating.

Ok, I just read lot's of stuff about overheating causing hardrive failure and causing the blue screen of death.

What worked by me is constantly cleaning your fans :eek:
I still have three days on the 2 year warranty, i'm not taking my laptop apart just yet.

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
I would not worry about those temperatures. When it gets into the 80's then you might want to be sure your fans are free of dust. Almost all if not all of Intel's i7 mobile processors are rated up to 100 degrees celcius. You can even download programs that let you manually control fan speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci