• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

About the leaderboards reset

Is this a good idea

• Total voters

Nix

Platinum
Reaction score
Ok guys, so as you may know, today, the 30th of October 2014 (at least for EU), there was a poll added on the MCGamer server talking about reseting the leaderboards.

There was one pro in my eyes:
    • It will give a chance for new players to be more recognised and be on the leaderboards

But there was also one con:
    • Many people have worked hard - I mean hard - for their wins, such as Gravey4rd , even I have taken a year to get my 500 wins, and I do not want to lose that "pride"

But to make everything well, I thought of making a second leaderboard:

-One, where there are the original stats, and they still keep updating every minute
-But also one, where there would be the new stats, with new players being number one

If you are not understanding me, I tried to do a "drawing" that can show you the explanation a little bit easier.

|Old leader boards|New leaderboards|
Rank | Name | Wins etc...

1 | Gravey4rd | 4337
2 |
Darkrai202 | 4200
3 |
Edog78 | 3869
4 |
joethepro15 | 3789
etc...

|Old leaderboards|New leaderboards|

Rank | Name | Wins etc...

1 |
ImPro123 | 137
2 |
isDumb | 125
3 |
BIamph | 105
4 |
Bluahwi | 69
etc...

This is just an example, I hope you get the drill c:

In my opinion, if this is actually done, there will be less flame, less people will actually quit the game, because people ruined something they worked hard for:

in example, you are building a massive hotel, it's been 3 years and you're the the builder that worked the most out of everyone, then your boss decides to take down the hotel and build it somewhere else,
see where I'm getting at, it would simply be devastating (not the building, our feelings), to lose something we liked.

Anyways, I hope you liked the idea, I'm sorry if anyone already had this idea, or if you didn't understand, but I feel like it's pretty clear,

-Nix

NickSharpx ☆

District 13
Reaction score
It's not even that hard to get up on the leaderboards.
Yes, true that. I've seen some people getting 600+ wins in a matter of time of around 2 months, maybe they shared the account, maybe they boosted, but still, they did it.

NotCanziano

Diamond
Reaction score
Yes, true that. I've seen some people getting 600+ wins in a matter of time of around 2 months, maybe they shared the account, maybe they boosted, but still, they did it.
Think about Huahwi, he started in May 2013. Became noticed on the leaderboards around October, because he had a lot of wins and an impressive ratio.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I think that having to update two leaderboards constantly would just be a waste of time. If someone would like to find out their total wins, they can access the legacy leaderboards, and use some basic mathematics to calculate the sum.

D

Damien // Teepwn

I think that having to update two leaderboards constantly would just be a waste of time. If someone would like to find out their total wins, they can access the legacy leaderboards, and use some basic mathematics to calculate the sum.
Unfortunately, the majority of the community is too lazy to do that. I, personally would be fine with it but a lot of other's don't want to take the small amount of effort.

NickSharpx ☆

District 13
Reaction score
dude your signature is so gross please, just please. huhhggghhg hghghg uhh i just puked
And that's what makes it fancy!
Nah just kidding, it's really old, I already thought of changing it but I just don't have the time and the ideas to make it better, so I'm gonna stick with the way it is at the moment until I'll get any better ideas, lol.
I also know it's pretty much a collection of random things put together, but yea yea still fancy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci