• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

HUB Able to see plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

troopuh

Spectator
Reaction score
Service (MCSG/SGC/QQ/BG/ZC/Creative/Teamspeak):
All servers.

Server Number / Gametype / Region (If applicable):
N/A

Time (With timezone):
9:57 PM, PST 6/22/14

Description of the bug:
MCGamer attempt to hide the plugins of its server. To do this, they disable /pl and /plugins, so that when you do it, you get this:

Besides the fact that they have disabled those commands to view the plugins, people experienced with bukkit and other people in on the secret, are still able to view the plugins of the servers, by doing /?. When I do /?, I can see a list of the plugins as well as what some of them do.

I am able to do /? 1, and can see all the way up to /? 9. This gives me enough information I need to find out what plugins MCSG uses and leech off of them. The only reason I see this as a bug is because it allows people who just want to steal MCSG's plugins to see them and leave, only coming for the plugins and not the gameplay of the server. Also, if MCSG were to disable /plugins and /pl, why not disable /? as well? It is practically the same command, just in a different view. Also, keep in mind that this is available to everyone and can be used in all servers.

Hopefully this issue is resolved or is addressed as not a bug soon, before anymore people steal plugins from the network. Thanks!

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
This is true. I do remember a time when you could see the plugins. What was wrong with that?

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
To be perfectly honest, it doesn't really matter whether someone's able to see the plugins list or not.

Most of MCGamer's coding is contained within the plugin for the associated gamemode [SurvivalGames (SG, QQ and SGC), Battlegrounds, MCTR (Minecraft Temple Run), MCTF2v2, and mau5plots] and the MCGamer backend called Xime (known as Xime Bridge on Survival/Creative). The Lobby also contains an additional plugin called LobbyPlugin. Any other plugins used by MCGamer are popular plugins that are used on a lot of networks (NoCheatPlus is an example of one).

The point is, all of these gamemode plugins and Xime are custom-coded, private repos - they aren't available to the public anywhere. So for someone coming in trying to "copy" MCGamer, knowing the names and commands associated with the plugins really isn't going to do much for them. In order for them to be even remotely successful they'd have to recreate hours upon hours of work.

This also isn't really a bug. They've allowed the use of the /help (or /?) command (likely so donors and people completing a stats reset have information regarding the different commands available to them) but disallowed the use of /plugins.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci