• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A server for lobby

Good or bad idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Miller

Spectator
Reaction score
Have a server for the lobby (perhaps on different computer) to hold everybody who wants to play, and you get teleported to an open server, when a slot is avalible, in order of people arriving at server. This server could be anything, but for main use for lobby to be a tribute. Maybe even a speef arena while people wait. Maybe it could be an (almost) pure vinella server, but 1 plugin to teleport to other servers. I realize this might not be possible to connect to other servers from a specific server, but maybe spoutcraft might let you. Just an idea

Jtzink

Career
Reaction score
This idea I believe is able to become a reality. There is a plugin-- Server Port Suite that does just that. The server containing all of the waiting players would have to be a gigantic one, though. (200+ slots)

Tommy Miller

Spectator
Reaction score
Agreed, big server for the waiting list, maybe if its big, there might be a big waiting time the fuller the server is, so we can have a lot of time wasters on it, maybe multiverse enabled, with 2 worlds, 1 PvP, 1 creative, for the long wait when the server is full of waiting people...

purplepieman

Career
Reaction score
Similar idea to having a server queue, but this would mean you could have some fun while waiting!

Tommy Miller

Spectator
Reaction score
Yup, maybe bebopvox's regular server could be the queue server, and do a command to get into a queue :D

Maunaloa

Tribute
Reaction score
I dont see how it could work but if it can I want IT BADLY

Z

ZombieTracker

We do not want to use Spout, but I like this idea and will do more research on it

Tommy Miller

Spectator
Reaction score
Oh hi zt, I havnt been around a for a while... And when I was... You wernt... Lol

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We are looking into a server queue system, but we have to make something from scratch.

Tommy Miller

Spectator
Reaction score
Could just have the permissions file sync between the servers and the queue, then we would need a fresh plugin for the queue though, but maybe we can ask your dev once most of the major bugs are out of the current plugin in proggress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci