• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A question about building a map

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
This is just a basic question, I don't know much about how the games work, but I was thinking it would be cool to have a map that is in the end or nether. Would it be possible for the games to work on a map built in other dimensions?

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
Instead of making it in another dimension, you could transform the overworld (normal world) into a nether like/end like map.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Instead of making it in another dimension, you could transform the overworld (normal world) into a nether like/end like map.
You could, but I wouldn't suggest doing a nether map because the lava in the nether makes it really laggy for some people.

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
The main thing is it needs to be dark all the time, since it's kind of a space theme I had in mind. It would be best if it could work in the end, but if it couldn't I suppose the entire map could be made inside a giant black globe or something... it looks amazing in the end though :p

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
The main thing is it needs to be dark all the time, since it's kind of a space theme I had in mind. It would be best if it could work in the end, but if it couldn't I suppose the entire map could be made inside a giant black globe or something... it looks amazing in the end though :p
Obsidian or black wool!

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
Just made a giant hollow obsidian ball. Problem is, it doesn't look right and you can see the sky anyway when you have chunk lag. The sky in the end looks amazing for it! Too bad there wasn't a way to get that sky in the overworld. Oh well. It was a nice idea. I am going to build it anyway for fun :)

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Instead of obsidian or black wool you could use a mcedit filter to turn certain chunks into skyland/end so that the sky turns black with the effects.

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
Instead of obsidian or black wool you could use a mcedit filter to turn certain chunks into skyland/end so that the sky turns black with the effects.
I think I will do that! Just started using world edit, I will give mc edit a try. Can that run with bukkit?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci