• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A Good Router

alltbboss29

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am alltbboss29 and today I wanted to ask you guys something. I am struggling in PVP because I constantly get server lag because my router is not so great and I live far away from the server. So I wanted to ask you guys if you know of a really good router. I do not have a spending limit so you guys can tell me about any router. If you tell me about a good router, please leave a link to where I can purchase it. I need a router that is fast because I live in New York and I am nowhere near where the server is located. So if anyone could tell me a router it would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am alltbboss29 and today I wanted to ask you guys something. I am struggling in PVP because I constantly get server lag because my router is not so great and I live far away from the server. So I wanted to ask you guys if you know of a really good router. I do not have a spending limit so you guys can tell me about any router. If you tell me about a good router, please leave a link to where I can purchase it. I need a router that is fast because I live in New York and I am nowhere near where the server is located. So if anyone could tell me a router it would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.
Have you tried connecting to CA? You might get better luck there.
Edit: If you can try to get ethernet connected to your computer, way faster.

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
Actually, I think some of the servers are located in Virginia, so if you connect to those servers, your connection might be faster. But considering you say you get a very slow connection, and you only live on your East Coast, then it might be your router. I would recommend going on cnet.com and searching up some routers.

ZeNoS

Tribute
Reaction score
As arsenal said, try an Ethernet cable. It worked for me!

What I did for routes:
/kill myself off spawn when a map starts, then make your own route by not flying and running around the map from corn.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score

What I did for routes:
/kill myself off spawn when a map starts, then make your own route by not flying and running around the map from corn.
He said router, not route.

alltbboss29

Platinum
Reaction score
I know, I was referring to when he said 'to get better at pvp'. Better routes = Better gear = Better chance of winning.
I'm good at pvp, some servers that are a lot closer to me I am able to perform a lot better. I get about 70 ping on servers like the nexus. I usually get 150-200 here

alltbboss29

Platinum
Reaction score

What I did for routes:
And I tried the ethernet it brought my ping down just a little

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci