• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A couple of tips on how to be an amazing commentator!

Sir Royal

Experienced
Reaction score
This isn't coming from an amazing commentator. So why do you expect me to give good advice? Why? Because I'm telling you what I want to see from a good commentator. I thought about this alot, and I think this is a pretty good way to improve!

First up, please make your gameplay/thing your commentating on something original, and fresh.

What I do as a commentator, I review Custom Zombie Maps, and they get plenty of views. Why? Because it's new and fresh. I can guarantee 95% of viewers never knew about the map, and they want to know about it! When I'm watching small youtubers commentating on MCSG maps, I get bored. It's nothing really special, it's just an average game of MCSG. Now what if you gave some amazing original content? Why not post that video of that new 10 killstreak you just got in that one game? How about posting on how you made that diamond chestplate? People want to see that. You don't even need to commentate on the gameplay itself! You can talk about other subjects like, Funny stories about your life, how you were introduced to minecraft etc. Entertaining Stories! You will be amazed how important this tip is, think about it. If you were just an average bored youtuber, what is interesting about your video? I go back and forth from telling stories and reviewing things, make sure your content is new everytime! Lets give an example.

What seems better?

Bob plays MCSG Episode 1

Bob plays MCSG Episode 2

Bob plays MCSG Episode 3

Bob plays MCSG Episode 4

Bob plays MCSG Episode 5

Bob plays MCSG Episode 6

Bob plays MCSG Episode 7

Bob plays MCSG Episode 8

Bob plays MCSG Episode 9

Or..

Sir Royal Reviews! =MCSG=

Let's Play The Binding Of Isaac

Let's Play Call Of Duty World at War!

Sir Royal's opinion on the console wars

etc. Keep things interesting, add pictures in there if you have to! Again, pretend you were a normal youtuber, what's interesting about it?

Next thing is getting a decent mic. I don't like to hear CKMCKMCKMCKMCWOSAMCK like the microphone somehow ended up inside your butthole, if you can't afford a decent one, use audio editing programs like Audacity and use noise removal to remove static and other noises from the background.

The last tip I need to give you is having any idea what you're talking about. I write down bulletpoints before I commentate such as

*Talk about MCSG

*Then explain what's it about

*Explain how it came to be and what's changed

*Talk about funny stories playing it

You can also go all out and write a full script, but I don't enjoy those as much as they aren't as creative.

So, good luck out their fellow youtubers!

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
This isn't coming from an amazing commentator. So why do you expect me to give good advice? Why? Because I'm telling you what I want to see from a good commentator. I thought about this alot, and I think this is a pretty good way to improve!

First up, please make your gameplay/thing your commentating on something original, and fresh.

What I do as a commentator, I review Custom Zombie Maps, and they get plenty of views. Why? Because it's new and fresh. I can guarantee 95% of viewers never knew about the map, and they want to know about it! When I'm watching small youtubers commentating on MCSG maps, I get bored. It's nothing really special, it's just an average game of MCSG. Now what if you gave some amazing original content? Why not post that video of that new 10 killstreak you just got in that one game? How about posting on how you made that diamond chestplate? People want to see that. You don't even need to commentate on the gameplay itself! You can talk about other subjects like, Funny stories about your life, how you were introduced to minecraft etc. Entertaining Stories! You will be amazed how important this tip is, think about it. If you were just an average bored youtuber, what is interesting about your video? I go back and forth from telling stories and reviewing things, make sure your content is new everytime! Lets give an example.

What seems better?

Bob plays MCSG Episode 1

Bob plays MCSG Episode 2

Bob plays MCSG Episode 3

Bob plays MCSG Episode 4

Bob plays MCSG Episode 5

Bob plays MCSG Episode 6

Bob plays MCSG Episode 7

Bob plays MCSG Episode 8

Bob plays MCSG Episode 9

Or..

Sir Royal Reviews! =MCSG=

Let's Play The Binding Of Isaac

Let's Play Call Of Duty World at War!

Sir Royal's opinion on the console wars

etc. Keep things interesting, add pictures in there if you have to! Again, pretend you were a normal youtuber, what's interesting about it?

Next thing is getting a decent mic. I don't like to hear CKMCKMCKMCKMCWOSAMCK like the microphone somehow ended up inside your butthole, if you can't afford a decent one, use audio editing programs like Audacity and use noise removal to remove static and other noises from the background.

The last tip I need to give you is having any idea what you're talking about. I write down bulletpoints before I commentate such as

*Talk about MCSG

*Then explain what's it about

*Explain how it came to be and what's changed

*Talk about funny stories playing it

You can also go all out and write a full script, but I don't enjoy those as much as they aren't as creative.

So, good luck out their fellow youtubers!
Some really good pointers man. I would make one change though "if you cant afford to get a good mic. dont record. just dont do it. save up. get a good mic. and record"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci