• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

5 Tips on How to be a Likeable Moderator (In My Opinion of Course)

Do you agree with these methods?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stryke

Tribute
Reaction score
Out of all the moderators that I know on MCGamer, I genuinely do think that there are more arrogant, unintentionally mean or rude moderators than there are likeable moderators. Obviously I am not aware of many moderators, and I'm sure there are great ones. I'm just posting this to let moderators know of how they could improve in MY OPINION.

NOTE: I do think all moderators should be respected and thanked for their dedication and time towards MCGamer.

How to be a LIKEABLE moderator:

1. Try to speak informally/casually in a 'bright' way.
Eg.
Formal: Hello.
Informal/Casual: hey what's up?
Eg.
Dull: I will have a look at the report soon.
Bright: yeah i'll have a look in a second (thanks for reporting)

(This first step is not compulsory but I personally do think it shows a better personality.)

2. Try to say stuff in a kind way. Sometimes moderators say certain things and it comes off in a negative way. Try to also think about how other members are saying things. Sometimes someone might ask a question but that too has a negative outcome.
Eg.
Negative: I don't believe that is any of your business.
Positive: I don't think I am allowed to tell you that.

3. There is no such thing as a player not trying to find ways to hate a moderator in any popular server community. If there's a player being a lollipop-head (you know what I mean), just tell them what you need to in a kind way once, then just ignore them. You cannot get in trouble for that and I know moderators are going to say 'It's our job to handle stuff like this'. It really isn't. At least, it's not as important as finding more harmful abuses such as hacking. Just completely ignore them or tell them you cannot continue and it's just going to frustrate them to the point where they will stop. Don't start an argument expecting to get the satisfaction of you being right.

4. I don't see it as much on this server but if you're a moderator and a player is saying 'hi' to you, it's not that hard to say 'hi' back. There are always going to be moderators who are up with themselves and self-centered. If you don't normally greet the player back, they will (most of the time, depending on the reason) just think of you as an arrogant moderator.

5. This is more of an idea but be active in chat. Start conversations in the hub if you're 'waiting for reports' (-.-). Ask people how their days are going when you join and just set a good reputation for yourself.

Once again, I am not trying to offend or hint towards certain moderators being bad. I appreciate the help that moderators give.

Hopefully moderators will try these methods out, and once again thank you for your assistance.

Last edited:

Qzop

Tribute
Reaction score
Well, not all mods are liked. This reason is because they can sometimes be sarcastic and drama queens but I like a lot of the mods here :D

iRocki

Career
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this thread as we will definitely consider everything you have stated :)

Stryke

Tribute
Reaction score
Well, not all mods are liked. This reason is because they can sometimes be sarcastic and drama queens but I like a lot of the mods here :D
Out of all the moderators that I know, there are only like 5 of them that I like. (5 out of 15 or so). But yeah, this is just what I like to see moderators do.

Stryke

Tribute
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this thread as we will definitely consider everything you have stated :)
Thanks, I have never seen you and I'm sure you are already a great moderator seeing as you are willing to listen to suggestions.

SollertisKhan

Survivor
Reaction score
they should also wear business suits as their skins(professionalism). When they type they must type like:

Hello Is It Me You Are Looking For?

On top of that I prefer if they would all use a british accent when in ts. Ok?

Stryke

Tribute
Reaction score
they should also wear business suits as their skins(professionalism). When they type they must type like:

Hello Is It Me You Are Looking For?

On top of that I prefer if they would all use a british accent when in ts. Ok?
xD

Stryke

Tribute
Reaction score
I use to say "Hey!" because it's a mix of formal and informal.
I don't really see 'hey!' relating to formality but I reckon it's better to say 'hey' rather than 'Hello.'.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci