• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

3 Year Club - AMA

Fireworks

Platinum
Reaction score
Now, there's plenty of threads out there similar to this one, and I'd rather not have another "life story milestone" thread, so I'm going to keep it short and sweet.

It's been 3 years since I've joined this community, and in my eyes they have been years well spent. I've made countless memories and friends on here, that I would of never have made if I had gone down a different road. These moments in my time here are things I cherish dearly, and look back on quite often. Honestly there isn't much else to say other then thank you for allowing me to make the connections I have made here.

Now, what good is a "thank you" thread without some sort of 'special'? I pretty much skipped plenty of details that have happened throughout these 3 years that could be interesting. Also, I've always wanted to do an AMA, but never just out of the blue. Now seems like a perfect time to do one of them. If there is any question that you wish to ask this old fart, by all means ask away. I'll answer them all regardless of what it's about.

Thanks again for these three years, it's been quite the wild ride. :)

YourAverageTiger

i control this entire operation
Reaction score
When did you when your first game?
How did you feel when you won your first game?

Who are some of the most amazing people you met in this community?
Who inspired you the most in this community?

nintendoboy11

Survivor
Reaction score
Congrats on being here for 3 years!

How did you find the MCGamer Network?

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I've used this question once before, but here it goes.

What would you rate MCGamer if you were 'IGN'?

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Who are two friends you have that have influenced you the most throughout your time here? c:

Also, we should hang out on TS this weekend ^.^

BedIntruder

Experienced
Reaction score
Who are two friends you have that have influenced you the most throughout your time here? c:

already know one of them is x̶x̶_̶C̶i̶r̶e̶E̶r̶i̶c̶_̶x̶x̶ Lovelights

Fireworks

Platinum
Reaction score
When did you when your first game?
How did you feel when you won your first game?

Who are some of the most amazing people you met in this community?
Who inspired you the most in this community?
1. Assuming that was suppose to ask When did I win my first game, I was sometime during the summer of 2012, I don't recall the exact date sadly. :c
2. Not sure of my exact feelings, but I do recall some form of jumping out of my chair and waking my parents up. :p
3. Golly, there's been tons of amazing people on here over the years that just picking a few is difficult. First ones that come to mind are Lovelights and Linkdude1997, since I spent countless hours playing with those two back in the day.
4. I don't think I have an answer for that question, for I always have strived to be myself, not follow the footsteps of someone else. I wanted to have opinions and playstyle to be what I developed on my own. If that makes any sense.

Congrats on being here for 3 years!

How did you find the MCGamer Network?
Simple answer. Back when SG1 and SG2 were the only 2 "official" maps around, I was trying to find a populated SG server to play them on, without having the lag I had hosting my own. A quick google search brought up MCSG, and joined in us26 and gave it a try. Always played on that one. :p

why are you obsessed with nintendo games
It's not just Nintendo in general, but more so a select few of there series. Pokemon and Smash in particular. I find them to be highly enjoyable and they have large communities of their own that I like to be apart of.

I've used this question once before, but here it goes.

What would you rate MCGamer if you were 'IGN'?
First thought was 7.8/10 - too much water. On a more serious note, I'd have to say a 7.5/10 in all honesty. It's a lot of fun to play in the beginning and with friends, but is highly repetitive and can be rage-inducing. Also parts of the community tend to bring that score down as well.

As said above, Lovelights and Linkdude1997
Love because he's been a great friend of mine for all three years. In fact, just yesterday was the first day that we teamed with each other. (I have that game uploaded on Youtube, which is how I know.) During those three years, I watched him grow into the icon he is today. He was a mod, he made a successful Youtube channel, he made one of the most popular maps on these servers. Despite his huge popularity, he hasn't thrown me aside as some other randy, but remained a friend of mine. I see that as being a true friend and can't thank him enough for that.

Then there's Link. This lad is just fantastic. Whenever we played with each other, it was always bound to be a great time. We played countless games, doing the most random sort of things we could think of. He is a great friend of mine and always looked forward to playing with him. Still have to play him in Smash, he thinks he top-tier. Gotta put him in his place. :p

And sure, I'd love to hang on TS this weekend.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
1. Assuming that was suppose to ask When did I win my first game, I was sometime during the summer of 2012, I don't recall the exact date sadly. :c
2. Not sure of my exact feelings, but I do recall some form of jumping out of my chair and waking my parents up. :p
3. Golly, there's been tons of amazing people on here over the years that just picking a few is difficult. First ones that come to mind are Lovelights and Linkdude1997, since I spent countless hours playing with those two back in the day.
4. I don't think I have an answer for that question, for I always have strived to be myself, not follow the footsteps of someone else. I wanted to have opinions and playstyle to be what I developed on my own. If that makes any sense.

Simple answer. Back when SG1 and SG2 were the only 2 "official" maps around, I was trying to find a populated SG server to play them on, without having the lag I had hosting my own. A quick google search brought up MCSG, and joined in us26 and gave it a try. Always played on that one. :p

It's not just Nintendo in general, but more so a select few of there series. Pokemon and Smash in particular. I find them to be highly enjoyable and they have large communities of their own that I like to be apart of.

First thought was 7.8/10 - too much water. On a more serious note, I'd have to say a 7.5/10 in all honesty. It's a lot of fun to play in the beginning and with friends, but is highly repetitive and can be rage-inducing. Also parts of the community tend to bring that score down as well.

As said above, Lovelights and Linkdude1997
Love because he's been a great friend of mine for all three years. In fact, just yesterday was the first day that we teamed with each other. (I have that game uploaded on Youtube, which is how I know.) During those three years, I watched him grow into the icon he is today. He was a mod, he made a successful Youtube channel, he made one of the most popular maps on these servers. Despite his huge popularity, he hasn't thrown me aside as some other randy, but remained a friend of mine. I see that as being a true friend and can't thank him enough for that.

Then there's Link. This lad is just fantastic. Whenever we played with each other, it was always bound to be a great time. We played countless games, doing the most random sort of things we could think of. He is a great friend of mine and always looked forward to playing with him. Still have to play him in Smash, he thinks he top-tier. Gotta put him in his place. :p

And sure, I'd love to hang on TS this weekend.
People like Link, Love, and that group were those who inspired me to reapply for mod c:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci