• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

3 reasons not to harass

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So I have seen nothing but negativity in the chat for the past few months, so I have come up with 5 reasons to listen to rule #2, shown here for convenience:
2. Do not disrespect or harass other members: We want people in our community to feel safe and respected.

Example:
  1. [User], you suck at minecraft.
  2. [User] is a hacking noob.

• If someone is telling you to stop harassing them or is making it obvious that they are feeling abused, do not continue what you are saying or doing.
  • Harassment is taken very seriously. If you are caught harassing others, you may risk being permanently removed from our community.
  • Spreading rumors about others is not allowed.
  • Stalking a player around into servers and constantly targeting them is considered harassment
  • Do not antagonize other members or staff members in order to evoke any specific reaction to the point of including up to abusive reactions.
Reason #1: It is breaking the rules.
This is obvious. When you are rude and derogatory to other users, you are breaking a rule. That means that you are also stating that you are not following the rules, which only an very unintelligent person would say.

Reason #2:
You risk being muted or even banned.
When you insult someone, you give them a chance. A chance to get you in trouble.

Imagine you were in a school and you threw a punch at another kid. Do you really think that every time you do this, they will not bother to tell someone in authority? It's the same with words.

Ever heard the police saying, "Anything you say or do may be used against you in a court of law?" the same applies on MCGamer: any word that comes out of your mouth and any action you do can be used against you, either to get you muted or banned.

Reason #3: You are stating that you are a terrible person.
"That's what it says: you are a horrible person. We weren't even testing for that." GLaDOS, Portal 2.
"Only do this [harass] if you want to announce to the server that you are a terrible person." Welcome Tributes to the MCGamer Network!
Remember that video? This is what happens.

I hope this nonsense ends soon.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
So I have seen nothing but negativity in the chat for the past few months, so I have come up with 5 reasons to listen to rule #2, shown here for convenience:
Reason #1: It is breaking the rules.
This is obvious. When you are rude and derogatory to other users, you are breaking a rule. That means that you are also stating that you are not following the rules, which only an very unintelligent person would say.

Reason #2:
You risk being muted or even banned.
When you insult someone, you give them a chance. A chance to get you in trouble.

Imagine you were in a school and you threw a punch at another kid. Do you really think that every time you do this, they will not bother to tell someone in authority? It's the same with words.

Ever heard the police saying, "Anything you say or do may be used against you in a court of law?" the same applies on MCGamer: any word that comes out of your mouth and any action you do can be used against you, either to get you muted or banned.

Reason #3: You are stating that you are a terrible person.
"That's what it says: you are a horrible person. We weren't even testing for that." GLaDOS, Portal 2.
"Only do this [harass] if you want to announce to the server that you are a terrible person." Welcome Tributes to the MCGamer Network!
Remember that video? This is what happens.

I hope this nonsense ends soon.
  • 1.Reason 2 is kinda redundant as anything that is not followed in the rules will assure you a ban.
  • 2.Harassing someone doesn't makes you a terrible person. Personally, only killing a person in real life makes you a terrible person. Don't know who has any reasons to harass anyone in-game, but I would prefer any day to not harass someone than getting banned.

I'll give you my three reasons on my targeting, harassing in this case, is not cool:
1. Its against the rules.
2. No one likes targeting.
3.What do you gain from it?

Last edited:

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
  • 1.Reason 2 is kinda redundant as anything that is not followed in the rules will assure you a ban.
  • 2.Harassing someone doesn't makes you a terrible person. Personally, only killing a person in real life makes you a terrible person. Don't know who has any reasons to harass anyone in-game, but I would prefer any day to not harass someone than getting banned.
What is your point? Do you think harassment is okay, or are you just saying that my reasons aren't important?

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
What is your point? Do you think harassment is okay, or are you just saying that my reasons aren't important?
Did you even read what I said. I think not neither to both of the questions you just asked me. Again, the second reason you stated is redundant as reason #1 already covers it. Also, I clearly said what I think of harassing; if you don't understand I'll explain it again: Harassing doesn't makes you a bad person, however no one has any reasons to harass anyone. This is my opinion and you have the right to just take it as my opinion and nothing less.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Did you even read what I said. I think not neither to both of the questions you just asked me. Again, the second reason you stated is redundant as reason #1 already covers it. Also, I clearly said what I think of harassing; if you don't understand I'll explain it again: Harassing doesn't makes you a bad person, however no one has any reasons to harass anyone. This is my opinion and you have the right to just take it as my opinion and nothing less.
Thank you for making yourself more clear.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Negativity in any form (emotional, physical) is not okay. In the end, both you and the person you harassed will not be having a good time. It happens all the time: people are jerks when they're young and do some very mean stuff, and they look back and regret it a lot when they're older. It's just that some people, sadly never get the hint and continue wasting their lives away doing things like preparing multiple VPN's and Teamspeak identities to do what they consider "trolling" and think that they're actually angering the staff, when in effect all they're doing is just giving us another task.

Nevertheless, /endminirant. Apparently some people experience joy or happiness in hurting others and those are some rather sick people. Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done besides trying to get the message around to them and hope that one time it sticks.

SonicSplit

Career
Reaction score
Hope this helps the community at least a bit. Sadly only a few forumers seem active enough to see this and they are nice ;-;

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci