• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.8 PvP Optimised Default

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
1.8 PvP Optimised Default | by Headtwitching

In the 1.8 update, certain changes were made to some minor and major PvP mechanics, some of which are client-side, which can only be fixed/reverted with a modified client, and others are visual. The good news for the visual side of things is there's a simple solution: an optimised resource pack. That's exactly what I've created. Some of the changes in this pack are simply image edits to revert some textures back to their 1.7 form, which we all know and love.

Some things I changed were:
  • The icons, specifically the hunger bar and hearts. I found when PvPing in 1.8 that the new heart animation (which was actually already in the game, it's just that 1.7 didn't take advantage of them) made it a bit difficult to clearly determine how many hearts you're on. By removing the animation from the actual hearts, I've made it so that only the outline of the hearts has an animation.
  • The fire, like in most PvP packs, is reduced. This is a standard in PvP packs nowadays, but I just thought I'd add a reduced one in there that was an edit off the Default fire texture, and not a Sphax fire texture like most popular packs use. This also wasn't a problem caused by 1.8, but one inherent to Minecraft itself, not versions of it.
  • The water texture is clearer, as well as the underwater texture. This makes sure that you can see clearer through water as well as clearer whilst underwater. There is also a matching rain texture to go along with it.
I wanted to try and make the armour opaque as well, so that you could see through it, but unfortunately my attempts proved unsuccessful. I also would have liked to have been able to do something about the enchantment glint, but that's a client-side change in 1.8, as they changed the filtering method for displaying the glint and where in certain textures the glint is placed. Oh well.

Download (54 KB):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9x668c2029w8icm/1.8_PvP_Optimised_Default.zip

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci