• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.8 performance improvments!

DerpyDash11

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hey, I'm one of those people who has had to pay performance>graphics, My laptop won't cope with everything on max if I'm in PVP; So this new update has changed my 60 fps on low settings to a staggering 400 fps on very high settings. I will add a picture later to prove my improvements (in the snapshot 14w30c) without optifine.

I'm pretty excite for this new update; What are the performance boosts on your PC's/Laptops and what are your opinions on the matter?

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hey, I'm one of those people who has had to pay performance>graphics, My laptop won't cope with everything on max if I'm in PVP; So this new update has changed my 60 fps on low settings to a staggering 400 fps on very high settings. I will add a picture later to prove my improvements (in the snapshot 14w30c) without optifine.

I'm pretty excite for this new update; What are the performance boosts on your PC's/Laptops and what are your opinions on the matter?
Holy

I heard there were performance updates, but 60 to 400, with higher settings? That's insane. I might be able to record now ='D

WhiteJade

Spectator
Reaction score
Yeah, Mojang made it so that people get better fps. If you want to know how they did it, they changed the changing of chunks. So now when you turn up your render distance, it's going to be a lot better.

D

Damien // Teepwn

I just checked in 30c for myself and can conclude that I do get more FPS with this update (from 50-60 to <250). However, it also causes me to spike in frame drops and suddenly drop from 150fps to 20fps.

I'm not sure if this is just me or if anyone else is experiencing this problem.

RustyGear

Tribute
Reaction score
It's something related to multithreading and things only being rendered if you look at them at that time, if I am correct. This along with other optimizations and Mojang has successfully managed to increase some players fps by a tremendous amount.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci