• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.6.1 Mac, Can't Start MC

Thedorkyd1

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have tried starting up Minecraft and it told me to click the link and download 1.6. I downloaded it and it came up with the error message below.

Now I am not sure why this is happening. I tried restarting MC, my computer and re-downloaded java and minecraft. I am hoping that one of you smart cookies could help me out but do you know why this is happening?!

EDIT: I downgraded to 1.5.2 and it seems to work fine. I think this may be a problem between java, the launcher and my computer

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
...did you download the Mac Launcher..?

Darby100

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yep, basically same thing. Does it "quit unexpectedly"? Mine logs in, opens up minecraft for a few seconds, then crashes and I can't use it..

Thedorkyd1

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yep, basically same thing. Does it "quit unexpectedly"? Mine logs in, opens up minecraft for a few seconds, then crashes and I can't use it..
Nope. I can't even click on the login button. Nothing but that has come up :/

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Try going to System Preferences, clicking Security & Privacy, then under "Allow applications downloaded from...", choose "Anywhere".

EDIT: Also, drag the Minecraft.app out of the DMG into your Applications folder! It probably won't function properly in the DMG file.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
I have tried starting up Minecraft and it told me to click the link and download 1.6. I downloaded it and it came up with the error message below.
Okay, Now that I can see the reports, Do you have installed java? If you are not sure just download it, and install it, and wish for the best.
Also save the app to your computer, not just opening from the installation drive. just drag the app to your applications folder,and it will said want to replace or save both, click on save both.
java: http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_mac.xml

Thedorkyd1

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Try going to System Preferences, clicking Security & Privacy, then under "Allow applications downloaded from...", choose "Anywhere".

EDIT: Also, drag the Minecraft.app out of the DMG into your Applications folder! It probably won't function properly in the DMG file.
I did both of those things and I got this error message

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
I did both of those things and I got this error message
seeing the image more in deep, you can see your Skype conversation :eek:. but try the steps I gaved you.
install java: http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_mac.xml
for real install it, in the white screen with all of the words it says there is a problems or something with java. probably you don't have it installed because as far as i know macs any longer come with java.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci