• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.3.1 Connection problems?

SilverJakler

Experienced
Reaction score
I've found out the source of my lag on the SG servers, it's the connection to the servers, not just the SG servers, but with all Minceraft Multiplayer servers on 1.3.1. Whenever I go to my server list, all of the connection bars on all of the servers are almost all gone, only 1 bar is there. As I've said before, this has never happened before 1.3.1, as my connection to the servers was near perfect in 1.2.5, but now i barely have a connection at all, when most other people I've seen have great connections to the servers. (And no, I haven't changed my internet provider since 1.2.5)

So could someone please tell me how to get my connection back up, or will it be stuck like this until Mojang updates again?

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
You say that you use 1.3.1, you sure you aren't using 1.3.2?

SilverJakler

Experienced
Reaction score
Yeah, I am using 1.3.2, but I meant the problems started with 1.3.1, sorry bout not specifying :L

SilverJakler

Experienced
Reaction score
Even when I go onto the Tekkit server hosted by MSGC, the connection is MUCH better than what my 1.3.2 client gives me, so it definitely happened when MC was updated, but other people seem to have no connection problems at all, so what should I do? q_q

VebbiHD

District 13
Reaction score
Even when I go onto the Tekkit server hosted by MSGC, the connection is MUCH better than what my 1.3.2 client gives me, so it definitely happened when MC was updated, but other people seem to have no connection problems at all, so what should I do? q_q
try flush your dns (search on youtube how)

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
Yes, I have noticed the same problem. The connection on my servers list has dropped (now all sit at one bar, whereas they were higher before) and the ping has gone up (15000!!- although my actual in game ping is a lot less.) and I have noticed it takes a LOT longer to connect to a server, as in my Minecraft says "logging in" for a lot longer. It's nice to know someone else with the same problem :p I hope Mojang fixes it soon :/

MostDoped

Spectator
Reaction score
Try run Minecraft as Administrator and then allow javaw.exe in your anti-virus thing.

That could help out.
Since the Anti-Virus usually blocks output data, that might be the case.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Close programs such as Dropbox, Hamachi, Skype, Teamspeak, Origin, Mumble, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome etc, anything that may cause some latency in your internet connection.

Then try to go through a lan wired connection if you are using wireless if possible.

And that's about it, I don't really know any other ways to speed up connection.

SilverJakler

Experienced
Reaction score
try flush your dns (search on youtube how)
Tried that, didn't work.

Try run Minecraft as Administrator and then allow javaw.exe in your anti-virus thing.

That could help out.
Since the Anti-Virus usually blocks output data, that might be the case.
Close programs such as Dropbox, Hamachi, Skype, Teamspeak, Origin, Mumble, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome etc, anything that may cause some latency in your internet connection.

Then try to go through a lan wired connection if you are using wireless if possible.

And that's about it, I don't really know any other ways to speed up connection.

I'll try these out, but I never have anything open alongside Minecraft. Once I've tried them, I'll get back to you guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci