• Pardon our dust!

Welcome to the MCGamer Network forums! There are sections of our website that may not look the best or entire areas lacking content entirely (such as...leaderboards?)... we're working on it!

If you've found an issue with a specific area of the website that doesn't look like it's intentional, please report the issue by clicking here. We can't fix it if we don't know about it!

Why Mcgamer is closing???

_FritschFeed_

Platinum
Reaction score
I think that the server administration simply did not calculate their strength , and mistakenly thought that the amount that is needed to launch the server will be collected at the beta testing stage by purchasing donor ranks.

L255

Spectator
Reaction score
I think the problem are the maps.. All good maps were removed. Now we are playing on everytime the same Maps like BreezeIsland, HolidayResort, Turbulance, SG4, Inertia

I don't understand why the owner not introduce new Maps, there are enought in the old Forums like Pompeii, IslaDelRay, HighfieldEstate,...

Or ever Maps which are really different like Origins, LobbyGames, ...

They should bring these maps for a Little gamechange, because the game starts to get boring..

Another point is, that the owner ordered NA and OCE Servers. EU is enought because at NA and OCE noone playing...

You are Right, too less Players are the Problem. But it's their own fault. They did not advertise. On their YouTube channel, where you can really reach a lot of people, they should have made a video with a 'McGamer now reopen!'. But they don't have that.

ignasiride

Spectator
Reaction score
WHY? WHY? WHY?

Its because has low player rate?? or somethıng else???
I think that the server administration simply did not calculate their strength , and mistakenly thought that the amount that is needed to launch the server will be collected at the beta testing stage by purchasing donor ranks.

Do you know if it will open again? is there another sg server?

addany

Spectator
Reaction score
in my opinion bruh them don't wanna make this cuz they're have too many low members MCGamer didn't reach +1000 member in 2020. I hope MCG not will be shutdown.

in my opinion bruh them don't wanna make this cuz they're have a too many low members MCGamer didn't reach +1000 member in 2020. I hope MCG not will be shutdown.
Plus if i made any mistake on this sentence i'm sorry for this. Cuz i can't speak fluent english

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
how do you know they're closing?
it is widely known that chad gave up again i don't know if he ever made an official announcement
think the devs ghosted him for a while or something

L255

Spectator
Reaction score
how do you know they're closing?
Chad sayed on Discord on 21. January 2020:
"As of my heat of the moment tweet was shared yes we are indeed as of today in a shutdown process. Servers will remain as-is online until April 2020 with removing our OCE network as of February first. More official post with more details will come Friday of this week. All ranks are shutdown to be purchased as of now."

There is another Minecraft Server, which offers Survival Games very similar to MCSG called "BackPlay"
After Closing of MCSG in 2016 they reopened a copy of McGamer. Now BackPlay will reopen again after MCSG is down, but not as an exactly McGamer clone.

I'm also working on a Survival Games Server, but I don't know if i can open it soon, because I have not much time to work on it...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaktanEren