• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why I quit being a mod before I got my In game Rank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Reevesdrums_

Platinum
Reaction score
This will probably be a fair chunk of text. Reading it, however is doing me a favour, because I feel like I deserve to be heard.

Please don't delete this mods, It probably will seem insulting to some of the nicer mods, but Im just trying to explain my situation to the general players.

I decided to apply for Mod, And got accepted. because of the process so far, I have decided I don't want to be a part of the MCSG staff team anymore.

Afet 4 hours of writing a 2000+ application it was moved to pending.

After 16 days it was moved to Accepted For Interview. It only received views in the first 3 of those. It was not "constantly reviewed by SR.staff.

I was only given time to speak to SR.Mods when they accidentally deleted my interview.

Accepted players must wait in the "interview waiting room" for a time when the Sr.Mods happen to feel like interviewing.
There is no set time for an interview, players just wait until an admin can be bothered. They don't like running interviews either, so they try and put it off. This needs to be changed.

I spent 20+ hours sitting in a room with FantasyOfCheese on team speak with no response from anyone. Literally 20 hours. I was online for 4 hours every day for a week because the Admins were busy.

If your counting thats almost 30 hours of my time. Not for my own gain, but trying to help the running of the servers. 30 hours and almost 0 communication from staff to players.

Interviews were run one day with 6 of us waiting. 4 of us took the interview, but me and fantasy decided to let the others go first, we were told they would do our the next day. They didn't us being polite costed us another 5 days of waiting.

The interview comes, I pass. Krackan and Antster get into an argument over dealing with new AU mods and:
They forget to add my name to the New Mod list.
My forum rank doesn't get changed.
My IGN rank isn't changed
No Sr.Mods don't have the ability to help here
The devs and admins dont respond to me on teamspeak or Forum messaging
2 players who were accepted after me already have their forum and in game rank

All After spending -30 hours- applying for mod ---to try and help them--

Im told I should devote an hour a day to the servers, when the devs havent given me 10 minuets to change my ranks.

I fought a lovely hacker today, Even though I became a mod 7 days a go I was defenceless. So I asked the lovely mods in Lings Lounge for some help. They wanted to pass it on to each other.
Why become mod if you don't want to help the players, or even other mods on your team?

Id like my 30 hours of time back please, I feel disrespected.
Regards Aarg0.

Thanks to these players for being awesome and actually trying to help-------

Darkrai202
SixZoSeven
KellieBreanne
( i forgot some people names)

K259864

Career
Reaction score
The admins are very busy. These things take time when there are many other new mods.

TheManeEvent

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The entire waiting process is sort of a test of your dedication to the servers. If you're really passionate about being a mod, then you'll be fine with waiting.

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
now i find this very insulting as the admin we have are always busy its not a case of being bothered to do a interview its a case of do we have time and on the next point you did not come to me for forum rank at all and the devs dont acctuly have 10 minutes to spear they are always working so in future please check your information before saying things thank you.

~dave

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
Patience is a virtue. Remember that.

BlueBeetleHD

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm sorry but it's not like you're the only mod who had to wait a long time for an interivew/in game rank/ application acceptance. I know a mod who had to wait 4 months for the whole process to be done and he has yet to complain about it. The developers are very busy they have in real life jobs while trying to make mcsg better in every possible way. And for the hacker, just because you don't have in game rank doesn't mean you couldn't have opened up a recording device and recorded it yourself and put it on report abuse.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think they make it tedious on purpose, to make sure you're dedicated :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member