• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

When to use a fishing rod?

Hopscotch_Mafia

Spectator
Reaction score
I've been using the fishing rod method and had a question come up. I found that after I used it on the charge and got a few hits off I couldn't really get a second fishing rod stun off. Should I back up after a few hits and then try it?

ProHighJacker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think when chasing people it isnt good, as it acts like a boost, i only use it when they are near walls, I also use it when going into a fight, It works.

Native

District 13
Reaction score
My Fishing Rod Tips:
I personally only use the rod one tim before engaging into Head-to-Head combat. Just throw your rod slightly above their torso at medium to short range. And at longer range throw it slightly above their head. Once it stuns them throw a few sword hits. If you want to continue to stun get a few hits then back up 3-4 blocks then throw the rod again. Also another way to use it is to push enemies when your chasing them. When you chase someone continue to hit them with the rod especially when they're near a wall or next to a mini parkour up a hill. This will throw them off allowing you to catch up and get a few hits. *Pro Tip* Also if you didn't already know, never throw your rod and pull it back. Doing so reduces the durability of the rod. Simply throw your rod then switch to another slot then switch back to your rod if you wish to throw again. If done correctly your rod won't lose any durability. Hope this helps ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci