• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What's better high ground or low ground?

Zee

Survivor
Reaction score
Just wondering if its better to be above the player or below them. Thanks

Wickyy

Career
Reaction score
below because its hard to hit someone while there below you :)

Zee

Survivor
Reaction score
Yeah true I think also the fact that there one block higher makes it so that they can't reach as far and you can just hit their legs. Thanks for the reply just gathering opinions :)

Zee

Survivor
Reaction score
Yeah I usually do that but when you're chasing a player with a fishing rod it's better to go under the water because the fishing rod can't go below the surface. Also in water, try sprinting it gives you a slight speed boost and allows you to catch up in water and get people. Like on the map breeze it gets really annoying because people just swim around near the edge and don't compete ruining the fun for the other players. Thanks for the reply

Gunnishone

Platinum
Reaction score
It really depends. In water, being lower is obviously a lot better, but if I was on hills or something, I'd prefer higher ground a lot of the time. Initially you can jump down on them, whereas the person on the lower ground can only look up and it's a lot more difficult.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Imagine being on a slope, the above player has the luxury of forcing fall-damage upon the enemy, but may get hinged by being knocked-back into the slope just as if they're cornered. The below player also has a better range, seeing as the hit-box is full body but attack range comes from the head, and the top player also has the advantage of duking the opponent by leaping over them. If I were to be put into either of those situations I would choose the low ground, because from experience the range alone will give you the best advantage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci