• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What nations do you think won't exist in the next 100 years?

P3num6ra

Career
Reaction score
I honestly think there will be major changes in the next 100 years geographically and politically. First off, there is major problems with terrorism in many countries - developed or not developed. These factors would possibly effect the outcome of their presence in the future.

I honestly don't really have any preference on world problems other than terrorism and possibly heavy economic issues - but I'd like to know what the community thinks on this subject, and what their opinions are.

I'd like to also note that nearly all discussion threads like this end up into flame wars, so I'd like to ask to keep that to a minimum as well.

T0M

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Germany, France Middle East, America and Britian.

Razputin_

Experienced
Reaction score
I believe we will possibly expand a bit more in cities but not in states, I wouldn't see why any other nations would not exist within that time but it could happen.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Europe will be Terrorist run in the next 20 if we don't stop it now. North Korea and South will unite. Africa will be a warzone, or a wasteland.

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
Good thread idea!

Here's a country nobody here has thought about: Tuvalu. It's a tiny collection of islands in the southern Pacific with a maximum elevation of fifteen feet, or about five meters. If global warming continues as it has for the past century, the entire country will disappear within a couple thousand years. However, I think it will be fine for the next 100. A lot of other Pacific island countries are also at risk of going under.

In terms of political instability, I am quite sure North Korea won't exist in 100 years. It's a horrible dictatorship that lives off of misinformation of its people, and it has South Korea right next to it. It has concentration camps and it can't feed many of its own people. It has very few allies (Mainly just China), and its own people are very oppressed and cut off from the world. I think it's safe to say North Korea is one of the most unstable political systems in the world.

I also believe Russia will change its borders within the next 100 years, considering its recent actions and annexations. However, one does not simply invade Russia, (Unless you are the Mongols) so it will most likely still be a country.

A lot of countries in the Middle East are also candidates for change, particularly Israel, Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc... Syria has been one of the most violent places in the world in recent times, and it has been going through a war and still is, so I fully expect some sort of splitting of the country.

I would also expect some sort of genocide or war in the Balkans, since that's what they've done in the past many times over.

Most likely, there will be some splitting up of countries in Africa.

As for North and South America, I feel they are more stable, but I won't say it's impossible for them to change.

Those are my guesses.

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
Well knowing the naming stability of countries like Yugoslavia and all those in that mix of countries near the balkan penninsula, about 4-5 of those countries will be different in the next 10 minutes :kappa:
Ahaha

“One day the great European War will come out of some dam*ed foolish thing in the Balkans (1888).”
― Otto von Bismarck

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Ahaha

“One day the great European War will come out of some dam*ed foolish thing in the Balkans (1888).”
― Otto von Bismarck
He hit the nail on the head :kappa:

Hey but at least Balkan and Serbian people are cool B)

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
South Sudan and the Central African Republic. Both are extremely high ranking on the Failed/Fragile States Index (FSI for short), and are both subjects of notorious violence, extremism, and instability as a result of having poorly formed and corrupt governments.

Considering South Sudan was created in 2011 and has been suffering from a large amount of internal conflict, I don't think it's likely it's going to last very long before a coup or referendum of some sort takes place and the country splits apart, maybe even to form yet another failed state with the curse of a weak and corrupt leader and have to restart the cycle again. Its economy is non-existent but could have huge potential because of the oil reserves in South Sudan, however the ineffectiveness of the government and constant insurgency have prevented that from happening, thus resulting in a rapidly collapsing country in social and economic categories. Its military is the subject of an ongoing standoff against citizens, causing more tension.

In the C.A.R., huge amounts of violence takes place against innocent citizens, and it also has a non-existent economy, having to rely on selling wood, precious stones, cotton and tea/coffee in a highly ineffective manner. The people and their sense of nationalism are rapidly crumbling away because this is getting torn apart by violence and a government that is again, highly corrupt and ineffective.

I would also expect some sort of genocide or war in the Balkans, since that's what they've done in the past many times over.
I wouldn't be too surprised at this one. There's always been a lot of tension between different Balkan states, especially between ethnic groups.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci