• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What exactly is going on right now?

Funny_Man

Survivor
Reaction score
they did everything wrong.
1.8 update - ruined pvp
1.9 & 1.10 update - the one thing that gives you aids without any sexual contacts
stats reset - filled the server with hackers
every single anticheat they had was bad - resulted into false bans
you get permanently banned if you say "kys" over a block game, even though it is your first ban, and they use the excuse "BOT MEN U ENCOREGE THEM TO KILL THEMSELVES" - who would kill themselves if a pixelated man would tell them to do it?

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
i dont think so. what killed mcgamer was dave. he ruined the community
I don't think so, I think the biggest part of it is the amount of cheaters. With how young the general community of Minecraft is, the moment some of these people were killed by cheaters, they probably think that they themselves have no other choice but to start cheating to win. It pretty much just causes a huge vicious cycle of bs. It's like this on so many games, and unless the developers of these individual servers can keep up with the current hack/cheating programs, then they're going to struggle quite a bit to combat it.

At the end of the day, Minecraft PvP and so many of the old time large servers were killed by its own community, and that's pretty sad.. I do think a part of MCSG falling can be put on a few other shoulders though.

Edit: I want to add that I think another big part of MCSG falling is the fact that Minecraft hasn't evolved much at all since it was created. That's fine if you don't like change, it really is, but it's not fine if you're a server that relies on returning players. Eventually people will get bored, and they'll leave, so you need to rely on a newer generation of players to come in who haven't experienced anything like MC PvP before. But the issue is, there are still some of those older generation players still left, and they'll absolutely dominate the newer guys. The newer guys probably won't have the patience to stick around until they get better, so they simply leave quicker than the older generation. Eventually the number of people leaving is higher than the number of new players joining, and this mixed with the fact that a lower population server isn't attractive, causes issues. All of that is caused by stale gameplay.

Minecraft is so much different than lets say an MMORPG like World of Warcraft where you are consistently developing your character, and you have objectives. Or even a game like CSGO where you are consistently trying to gain ranks or collecting new skins. Minecraft has nothing like that, except for its community (and eventually that community leaves after stale gameplay.) So, again, a vicious cycle with no real evolution to keep the community playing. It's not ALL MCSG's fault, though I do still think the ownership was slow to update the game modes and especially bad at knowing what the community really wanted.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't think so, I think the biggest part of it is the amount of cheaters. With how young the general community of Minecraft is, the moment some of these people were killed by cheaters, they probably think that they themselves have no other choice but to start cheating to win. It pretty much just causes a huge vicious cycle of bs. It's like this on so many games, and unless the developers of these individual servers can keep up with the current hack/cheating programs, then they're going to struggle quite a bit to combat it.

At the end of the day, Minecraft PvP and so many of the old time large servers were killed by its own community, and that's pretty sad.. I do think a part of MCSG falling can be put on a few other shoulders though.
He emerges

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
I've said it b4, i'll say it again, you can blame things such as the 1.8 update being forced on us, staff being "Corrupt", glitches in the community, leaderboard reset, whatever you may blame the decline of mcsg on, I still say the biggest thing that destroyed this community, was the community itself.

What makes this community rage more than anything these days? Hackers, teamers and trash talking.

The community is the ones who use hacked clients. I'm not talking so much about the crazy fly hacking/speed times 10 hacker cuz every server has those (we do seem to have more than most servers), I'm talking about the ghost client, triggerbot, etc etc users. People who care so much about wins and losses that they have to cheat to win a game to make themselves look good. If everyone would just play legit, it would be nice.

The community members are the ones who trash talk on consistent basis which gets people to rage out. It's the community members who team consistently, then rage when people do the same back to them. It's the community members who do the most scumbag things to get a win on this server and say "whatever it takes to win".

People like these people ruin this community. Friendly competition and fair fights were what made this community great at one point. People wanted to prove themselves as good players by fairly killing poeple higher ranked than themselves. Now, people kill someone higher ranked than themselves, they call them bad, say EZ, and trash talk that person.

I have no problems with this server except for the things that the community itself does. I can handle occasional glitches and bugs, what bothers me the most are the people who make this place not fun to be on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci