• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Well... bye.

Raidon

Experienced
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

It's Raidon here. It's been a long ride, but I think it ends here. The reason I'm leaving is for several reasons:

1. The community has changed. Few of the Moderators and staff members I knew haven't resigned or quit the community. Most of the players I once knew have left and moved on and I think I should do the same.

2. Hostility. There are several people in this community who go out of their way to criticize the staff members and the build team I am part of.

3. And a few minor things.

I've split this thread up into a few sections.

My Story

I started off in this community as a common newbie. I watched several AntVenom/CaptainSparklez YouTube videos in which they competed in a minigame called the "Survival Games." I was fascinated by the intensity of the games, which led me to pursue a server to participate in these games. I came across the MCSG community and chose to start out there. I looked at the server information and found the IP's. I connected to a lobby (no hub back then!) and played my very first game. I don't remember much about my first game, but I think it was played just after SG2 had been released (we played on that map).

After playing for a few days, I became addicted, I made myself a route on my all-time favourite map (SG1) and continued playing. Several months later, I got a new computer and created a new account. I sold my old Dell running on Windows 2000, which in the process deleted my server list, resulting in my leave from MCSG.

(2 Years on)

On a regular Skype chat with one of my friends, he told me about a server he played on called "MCGamer," I joined with him and noticed nothing familiar until I played a game, instantly giving me a feeling of nostalgia. I grew back into the community, I joined the forums and continued playing to the present day.

Screenshots

http://imgur.com/a1sHfHv,6oKecZu,ivy4bUH,ErxufQ2#0

Thanks

Some of the many people who influenced me during my time here.

Chad - Well, thanks :)
Col, Razz, Cam, Jamie - These people deserve more credit, they put so much work into this community.
Devin (especially), Justin, DVRation, Rusty, Sub and kpwn - The best Devs a server could wish for.
Sr. Mods - Every one of you individually are great. Thanks for all you've done here.
Moderators - Give these guys a thanks, this community would be non-existent without you all.
Favorlock, Bowl O' Soup, SomeMugger, ZombieTracker, Le0, antster, Gibbo, KR - Nostalgia again.
Mooclan - The forum god. You're inspirational to every member of MCGamer.
YourAverageTiger - You can have that follow now ;)
Toe - The one who welcomed me to the forums :D
OhFancy - Y u SohFancy?
Lively - I'll give you a tour of the summer hub battleship again if you want :D
Way too many other people - I'm really really sorry if I missed you, I'm running out of time. ily all :D
Team Elite - I'm definitely not leaving you guys. Just wanted to say anyway how awesome you all are.

Well...

Bye ;-;

~Raidon

RanterMC

Platinum
Reaction score
Wow man... Well... I've can only say, that I wish to you the best and I think The Staff Team too! I wish you can meet new and awesome friends! And just the best. And just 1 day, join MCG just for chilling. Your going to be always welcome! Have a great road!

Ranter

There might be some posts after this actually)

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
I remember playing hide and seek in the new hub. Sadky, we couldn't make more memories. I will miss you Raidon. I wish you all the best for your future endeavors,

Goodbye. <3 :(

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I hope you hang around the TE server on occasions, I believe we worked together on Ben, Neph, and Zelf's Battlegrounds map and that was a lot of fun ^^

Bai :c

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci