• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Volcanic Survival Games

Mikey661

Spectator
Reaction score
I just got a great idea, that the survival games can take place in a volcanic plain!

Cornucopia Features
-Can take place atop a volcano
-Each stand has a parkour-path to the middle center chests, so if you begin you can choose to jump steps into the middle, or you can run away down the volcano trying to avoid fall damage.
-If your lucky, you can knock someone off into the lava and get the chests.
-The strongest weapon in the cornucopia is an iron sword, strongest armor is a regular chain chestplate.

Scenery Features
The main scenery topic is a great forest burnt down by the volcanic eruption.

-Some of the features can be among geysers with lava spewing out of them, some maybe with chests hidden in them.
-Burnt trees, ashes, and cave systems washed with lava and obsidian.
-If you find a cave in the base of a volcano, it will be rich with jewel-veins, since most volcanic tubes are filled with the things, but you wont be able to mine it, of course. They will also have their fair share of hidden chests.
-There can be a few farm-like houses with old tools used to farm livestock and harvest plants.
-There can also be great willow-trees that have been scarred by the flames, that have a secret passage into them, with some hidden chests ^.^
-A great lake of water evaporated by the lava's heat, can have chests :D

Items
The main item topic is salvaged armor and weapons from the burning, kept into chests which have purifed them to make them nice and new.
The strongest weapon gainable is a flaming iron sword with flame aspect 1
The strongest piece o' armor is a chain chestplate with fire protection 1

Mobs
The mobs i plan are normal mobs that are corrupted from the lava eruption.
There could be natural flying blazes around the map.
Zombie Pigmen terrorize the cave systems.

No ghasts.
--------------------------------------
With this map, i am aiming for the 120 player servers.

Thanks for reading, and whoever is willing to create it can edit anything they want, except the volcanoes :D

R

RedSeamonster

Pretty good idea actually, I may actually give this a shot. The only issue is the mobs, I don't think the staff at MCSG wants to deal with that kind of stuff, plus it would be difficult to set up. Good idea though.

SSiafs

Survivor
Reaction score
Yeah, good idea, except there are so many people with reach hacks and kill auras these days that heaps of people would get knocked into the lava straight away at the start..

gamecraze24

Tribute
Reaction score
Seems like a great idea. but how are you gonna get 120 on the rim of a volcano?

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The idea was brought up twice before, it's a pretty good one.

I uploaded a video of the idea over a month ago:
But instead the podiums would be on the rim of the volcano?

MaxtheSwain

Career
Reaction score
Personally I think a fire aspect iron sword seems pretty OP it would be better to have stone fire aspect 2 as it won't do as much damage on the first hit but the fire will adding to the volcano theme

Greypawz

Survivor
Reaction score
Nice idea, the stone fire aspect sword will add to the volcano theme and give the owner an upper hand. Fire aspect 1 will be better though. Fire aspect 2 will be too op. A nice idea though will be that the only way to get to the cornucopia is a small 1-2 block wide bridge so that even if you have the fire sword you can get knocked into the lava. I also think the volcano spawn should be able to erupt sometimes. Like the lava could just flow out. (This might require a plugin). Other than that, great idea! Don't give up!

P.S. Magma cubes and Blaze will make good mobs for your volcano arena

MaxtheSwain

Career
Reaction score
It would also be nice to see other pieces of armour with fire protection that could counter the fire aspect weapons

MaxtheSwain

Career
Reaction score
Also sethbling has a tutorial about how to make lava spawners which launch lava into the air maybe these could be activated after a certain amount of time

Greypawz

Survivor
Reaction score
Another thing you could have is a fire temple with nothing in it. Except for a large lake of lava. But what you have to do is actually jump in the lava and it'll bring you to a little secret place with a stone or iron fire aspect sword. How to make the jump into lava thing is to have the lava supported by signs and have water on signs below that too.

Greypawz

Survivor
Reaction score
Another cool thing will be a lake of lava with a chest in the middle. The only way to get to the chest is with a flame resistance potion. This could have some pretty awesome stuff, like an iron helm and chestplate.

zerospookyvortex

Spectator
Reaction score
more ideas alert! i dont know if regularly spawning mobs is a good idea maybe they can spawn in a certain area or after the first day or when someone steps on a switch. Also i dont know if you know how to do this but with ladders and blocks you can make a surface of lava that you can fall through in certain areas (yes you would take damage doing it so you would need to have a chest somewhere so a player could IMMEDIATELY eat something like a golden apple. i have tried this myself it does work. Hope this helps and that your map is a success! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci