• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

To all complaining MCSG players:

SliceofBread123

Experienced
Reaction score
Let me start by saying this - I'm really not trying to sound like I'm sucking up to staff here or whatever. I'm just saying that there should be change in what some people say, in game and on the forums. If you agree, leave a response, if you disagree leave a response.

First of all: there are a lot of really, really great staff members that I've been fortunate enough to meet. They're really good people, and they do care about helping the community. To be honest, there are some staff that aren't the best people on earth, but they're staff and you have to respect them because of it. MCSG has a rhyme and a reason for every decision it makes, which can include recruiting people who might not be the nicest in the world.

I've seen quite a few posts here, some which are incredibly detailed and long, which took a while to think about. These are complaining about staff, about the moderator application process, and so on. To all of you - stop whining. Stop complaining. You're not doing yourself any favors here.

What a lot of players don't think about, especially if they're frustrated, is that the staff here at MCSG have real life commitments. Family. Full-time jobs. If I were in the shoes of the developers, and admins, I would put my family and my job before Minecraft. So before you go off and complain, make a huge thread that just causes tension in the community here, think about this. I don't care that you have to wait for 30 hours to get to be a moderator. I'll admit - if I was in that situation, I would be mad. But before I went and posted a thread, complaining about it, I would stop myself and say "wait." If you really want to be a moderator, you would wait. I know many people, who would give an arm and a leg to be in that position, even if they had to wait for much longer. So just consider yourself lucky.

Lucky you say? Why? Because hackers kill me? Because I wait for days to become mod? No. Lucky, because you have a server to play on. Lucky because you've been able to enjoy playing on the server. Just because a moderator makes a bad decision, doesn't mean they should be demoted, or spammed, yelled at, or whatever. Staff members are people, they're human. They all make mistakes.

So, before you make a thread, please consider this. Staff are people too. They can't be online every, single second of every day. They have their own lives, and don't always have time to deal with whining players.

This may seem a bit harsh, but in reality, it's the truth. 30 hours of a teenagers life, is a lot less precious than 30 hours of a staff members at work. So quit being so selfish, and think about other people for once.

Hope you enjoyed the read.

-SliceofBread123

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It's a natural human instinct to feel pessimistic, and it will never go away because of the sheer amount of players, causing thus different opinions and arguments. Anything too far, you'll just have to ignore their ignorance. Any positive outlook bonds whatever is considered as the community here. Sadly the world, especially the internet lacks this - but you are a prime example of the opposite. Welcome to the "bright" side. :)

Reactions: dq

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
Let me start by saying this - I'm really not trying to sound like I'm sucking up to staff here or whatever. I'm just saying that there should be change in what some people say, in game and on the forums. If you agree, leave a response, if you disagree leave a response.

First of all: there are a lot of really, really great staff members that I've been fortunate enough to meet. They're really good people, and they do care about helping the community. To be honest, there are some staff that aren't the best people on earth, but they're staff and you have to respect them because of it. MCSG has a rhyme and a reason for every decision it makes, which can include recruiting people who might not be the nicest in the world.

I've seen quite a few posts here, some which are incredibly detailed and long, which took a while to think about. These are complaining about staff, about the moderator application process, and so on. To all of you - stop whining. Stop complaining. You're not doing yourself any favors here.

What a lot of players don't think about, especially if they're frustrated, is that the staff here at MCSG have real life commitments. Family. Full-time jobs. If I were in the shoes of the developers, and admins, I would put my family and my job before Minecraft. So before you go off and complain, make a huge thread that just causes tension in the community here, think about this. I don't care that you have to wait for 30 hours to get to be a moderator. I'll admit - if I was in that situation, I would be mad. But before I went and posted a thread, complaining about it, I would stop myself and say "wait." If you really want to be a moderator, you would wait. I know many people, who would give an arm and a leg to be in that position, even if they had to wait for much longer. So just consider yourself lucky.

Lucky you say? Why? Because hackers kill me? Because I wait for days to become mod? No. Lucky, because you have a server to play on. Lucky because you've been able to enjoy playing on the server. Just because a moderator makes a bad decision, doesn't mean they should be demoted, or spammed, yelled at, or whatever. Staff members are people, they're human. They all make mistakes.

So, before you make a thread, please consider this. Staff are people too. They can't be online every, single second of every day. They have their own lives, and don't always have time to deal with whining players.

This may seem a bit harsh, but in reality, it's the truth. 30 hours of a teenagers life, is a lot less precious than 30 hours of a staff members at work. So quit being so selfish, and think about other people for once.

Hope you enjoyed the read.

-SliceofBread123
This is a great thread, and says what has been on my mind for a while. Thanks SliceofBread123

SliceofBread123

Experienced
Reaction score
It's a natural human instinct to feel pessimistic, and it will never go away because of the sheer amount of players, causing thus different opinions and arguments. Anything too far, you'll just have to ignore their ignorance. Any positive outlook bonds whatever is considered as the community here. Sadly the world, especially the internet lacks this - but you are a prime example of the opposite. Welcome to the "bright" side. :)
:)

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Double post!

In other news I completely agree with this

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Though I have had my disagreements with the staff in the past, and, to a certain extent, still do, I actually agree entirely with what you have said in this thread. It's well stated, and I applaud you for that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci