• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Time in maps

ROWBO100

Tribute
Reaction score
HI for my my map that i am making its a planet so we need a black are like space around the map we have done a obsidian dome to make it black like on moonbase9
But the problem is you cant render the whole map so therefore you see blue sky , but on moonbase9 you dont which is a bigger map
So i was wondering if you can permentely have it night or dark

CrimsonRed

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, no.

MoonBase9 is in an Ocean biome. That means that the map is practically underwater, but without the water. There's a bunch of ways you can replicate night using WorldEdit.

You know what they say, get creative.

ROWBO100

Tribute
Reaction score
Yeah i know but i want to have it dark so when you don't render in the world you see black sky rather than blue sky

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
Moon Base 9 is actually just in the air above the land (we didn't use a superflat world because Ninetaile didn't load one lol). I literally spawned obsidian all over the top and sides to make it that dark. I wouldn't suggest doing this as it took me 5 hours...

ROWBO100

Tribute
Reaction score
Yeah we have done that but when you are at spawn you can't see the dome so therefore in mine craft un render space is blue and we need it black

ROWBO100

Tribute
Reaction score
Yes but when you look into the distance towards the dome you still see blue sky

CrimsonRed

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yes but when you look into the distance towards the dome you still see blue sky
That's mostly from render distance. That, you can't fix. Unless the dev adds in a plug-in that makes it eternally night.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci