• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The library predicament.

Are you an admin seriosly considering changing the script?

• Yes

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EronKutov

Spectator
Reaction score
First of all, let me explain my situation. I have spent the last 5 days creating what most people would call an OK build. I built a library. In the shelves are chests, for people to open and take books out. This could become a huge community of books, from everybody who has visited and donated a book. Image the possibilities!

Then I ran straight first into a wall. To open the chests, players need to be a friend of my plot. Which creates the opportunity to grief. I say "oh well," and create a very inconvenient system. If people want access to the books, they must write one, and judging by their spelling and legitimacy, ill be able to tell if they are some random 13-year-old trying to grief, or a trusted player who wants a slice of this community. This system isn't great, because the amount of books i get are limited due to the amount of immature kids on this server. But that's not my point.

Two things that would make my library run way smoother would be (in rank of convenience):

1. The ability to allow players to access chests in your plot, but no t build. This would not be very hard to script, and, in many cases, could be very useful to a lot of people. If your having trouble creating the command I would suggest /plot add friend <username> of course this is the same as the current command, so you could switch that to /plot add builder <username>
2. Add the ability to drop items. I am fully aware that this creates very bad opportunities for drop spams, that is the reason that I put it second. This alone would help a lot.

Thank you for your time,
Eronkutov

PS: If this should go under suggestions, please tell me politely, and I would love if you notified any administrators or scriptors about this.:)

Antster360

District 13
Reaction score
Explain to me what you mean by pulling books off shelves. I may have misunderstood you.

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
So let me get this straight. You want to be able to get people to take books from chests and for people to be able to write their own books and give them to you?

Antster360

District 13
Reaction score
So let me get this straight. You want to be able to get people to take books from chests and for people to be able to write their own books and give them to you?
Thats what it sounds like hes trying to say. Not too sure though...

EronKutov

Spectator
Reaction score
Explain to me what you mean by pulling books off shelves. I may have misunderstood you.
Yes, what player can do is write their own books and read others by taking books out of chests to read. My plot is 5502 (I think) if you want to check it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci