• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff The journey ends :c

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
So, after 7 months and 11 days, I have made the decision that it is time to resign from staff. Never thought I would... but the time has come :c Gonna write about my journey I suppose.

I received moderator on the 14th of August, 2014, after eight previous attempts, and it wasn't until the helping hand of KitMencha got me to the stage of interview.

I was interviewed by

- Chandelle

- Shelby

- Benny

- Fletch

Interview went well, was accepted and enjoyed the moderator life for 4 months until the 27th of December, in a moderator meeting, it was announced that Col would be dragging a few people out of the meeting room to have a talk. I assumed that it had something to do with trials, as Zach and Draco had resigned that day. As I excitedly watched the channel to see which of my friends would be offered the position, I hear the words you were moved and FREAK OUT. Literally, when I saw myself in the admin meeting room I was very scared, very confused and VERY excited. Col then spoke to us individually, and we were offered the position of Trial. It was, to say the least, one of the happiest days of my life. I immediately immersed myself in the Sr. Staff way of life, doing as many ban disputes, moderator applications and interviews that I could possibly get myself involved in and I had the best time c: My time as Sr. Moderator allowed me to have a part in interviewing quite a few current staff which makes me happy c:

Fast forward a few days, where I am sitting in a Sr Staff chat getting instructed on CSGO by Bowser52000 and being rather terrible :') When Chad joins the channel and tells me that they'll be moving me up shortly. I wasn't really at all nervous as I assumed that it had something to do with my promotion and I was meeting the devs or something, but when I was dragged in, I was alerted to the fact that someone had hacked into my account and had the opportunity to view confidential information. When I learnt of this, I just started to shake, confused and sad that someone would target me with such an attack. The situation was discussed, and eventually the decision was made that I could not be allowed to continue my trial. When I learnt of this, I didn't really feel sad so much that I was losing trial, more that I had just failed people's expectations.

I won't discuss my opinions about the situation because that is irrelevant, but after coming back to the staff team, I have found myself lacking the motivation I once had. With CSGO and school getting in my way, I just can no longer fit in being a moderator.

Time to tag people, eh?

@TheAdministrativeStaff: I want to thank you for being understanding of my situation. Though I was annoyed and did not express my duress over causing this unrest for you guys, I want to say now that I apologize over this issue. Thank you for taking the time to handle it

KitMencha: Without you, I would not have gotten Trial, not have gotten on the staff team and not have had the wonderful experiences I've had a such an awesome friendship. Thank you so so much for everything that you have ever done for me, man. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. You are an asset to the team.

Bowser52000: Being in a channel with you as staff is and was always an absolute blast. Whether we are playing CSGO or just chatting about anything at all, I always enjoyed talking to you and being your friend. I wish you well, Benny.

TrebleMaker07_ One of my AU friends c: Thanks for being there for me and being my friend! I hope we stay in touch for PAX :p

Chelsea19 I have so much to say about our friendship and everything that this would be a massive paragraph so I’m just gonna say, thank you SO MUCH for everything gurl <3

@Imaboss2414 I know you’ve left the community, but thanks for being a bestie when I was down man. I miss you L

Ondre: What color is your... Ingame rank? Talk pls

Keno: CSGOCSGOCSGOCSGOCSGO

BigFella: My main man, cheers for helping with any event I ran, being there to play CSGO and there for a chat, and being a good bloke. GL with the future mate.

Itz_DanyBoi: Danyyyyy, how’s Brissy mate? We’ve gotta meet up ASAP, I’ll watch your hockey game c:

@TheMods: You’re all fantastic and I love you. Thanks for making this special c:

@AnyoneImissed: I love ya’ll. If I forgot you I’ll probably realize tomorrow and edit you in but hey, let me know if I forget :p

In conclusion, I would like to I suppose, explain my ‘coming of mind’. Since losing motivation for moderation, I have since realized that, the amount of hours that I put in to bans, watching chat etc. are now hours of my life that I can never, ever get back. I did enjoy helping the server, but volunteering on this server that my name will fade from eventually and my contributions eventually becoming non-existent, that my time could really have been dedicated to something else. If you are applying for staff, consider the implications it will have on your time. I’ve sacrificed a lot to be on the staff team and in the future, I will come to regret that. For now, I will continue to hold you guys close to my heart.

Thanks for everything c:

>kittyout

YourAverageTiger

i control this entire operation
Reaction score
Anyhow you always helped me when I had problems, especially but not limited to clan issues. Thanks for your service, even though I believe you should of have gotten a promotion.

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
You were an amazing mod and you are an amazing human being, please do stay in touch.

Enlighten

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You were a really amazing staff member. I am upset that I didn't get to talk to you more. Hopefully you'll be around the teamspeak often. Thank you for your service as a staff member here, as well as for training me! It is much appreciated! :)

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Our timezones are radically different so I didn't get to talk to you much but when I did, it was always a blast. You're fun to be around and if we didn't have different regions I'd say we play CS sometime c:

Mad props for sticking with it after how your trial turned out, and I'm so sorry it had to end this way because you don't deserve this. Bye kitten! :c

Rooonann

Survivor
Reaction score
You were an amazing member of this community. You supported this community in so many ways. I want to thank you so much for your time and support. I hope one day you become part of the senior community. I wish you the best of luck for your future endeavors. Good bye :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci