• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Television

Do you watch TV? (on the television)

• Yes!

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Sometimes.

• Just for something specific (one or two shows, the news, ect..)

• No, not really.

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Does any one watch TV anymore? Or am I the odd one out?

I used to watch TV as a kid.
Cartoon network, nickalodeon and some TBS. I watched shows like rockos modern life, ahh real monsters, angry beavers, jonny bravo, the old spongebob, the first pokemon, dexters laboratory, powerpuff girls, even star trek TNG and seinfeld. There were more of course.
But now I just dont like TV at all. Insomuch I got rid of cable entirely.

So my question is do you watch TV? If not what do you watch?
If you wish, explain why or why not you watch tv.

My reasoning why I dont watch it
I guess there are 3 things that turned me away from TV
-The shows
-The commercials
-The media

The shows
The modern sitcoms and reality shows are just not entertaining and make me feel gross. The laugh tracks, the disgusting take on humanity, idk I cant pinpoint one specific thing but I have just lost all interest in modern television.
Sure there are some exceptions, like Dr. Who.

Even just the idea of lying back on the couch, not moving at all, watching hours of TV is gross to me. At least at the computer you are forced to sit up and move click things now and again and not be a complete vegetable. Although I have done this with netflix before.. and with the new autoplay on xbox its even easier to do nothing and let the whole series playout.

The commercials
This may have been different if I would have stayed watching TV, but now that I go back to it I CANT STAND the commercials. And its not just because they are about stupid products that I dont care about and waste my time. The thing that bugs me most is how blatent fabrications of the truth they are! They will show a minuet of models doing everyday model stuff, use a windows phone for all of 3 seconds and thats it. Its just freaking crap. If you want to sell your product show me all the bells and whistles and make it somthing neat. I hate seeing bullcrap commercials that dont actually show off the product. They have to hide it behind and artistic commerical, or a joke.
"That commercial made me laugh! Im going to buy their brand of toilet paper now!"
Additionally what bugs me about this is that I know there are people out there that dont mind, even like these commercials and they work on them
No offence to anyone reading this is a mindless sheep drone that buys what these commercials say is hip.
Now you might say, nate there are commercials everywhere! Even on youtube. While this is true it is not as bad as television. TV commercials just seem to have this.. poisend spin that shows you how life can be and how happiness should be and how you can get it, this is made more evident that the commercials are 2-5 minutes long at a time! Shows can even only play for a few minuets only to go back to a commercial break!
The length, and the.. subliminal twist of life of TV commercials just sickens me.

The media
The media bugs me in to many ways to count. Without getting into politics we can easily say that TV is influenced by political parties. The news, commercials, even the actual TV shows. I dont want my kids or myself to be influced by how the media political agenda thinks is ok or life should be lived or what product to buy.
This topic is really another can of worms that I dont want to get into

So what do I watch? Youtube and netflix.
Netflix does not have political spin (arguable), does not have commercials, and I can choose what shows I want to watch at any time for much cheaper than cable. Their main downside is their content isnt often fresh and can be limited.
Youtube is similar to netflix only free (with internet access). There are commercials, that are annoying, but most of them I have the option to skip if I dont like it, which is nice. Also youtube (like a creeper) knows what you like and will often advertise according to your likes. Which is kinda creepy but good. I sometimes find myself watching the add because its actually interesting.

If you have read all this, congratulations and thx for hearing my rant.
Now I may sound kinda crazy.. I didnt think I did until I wrote all this out lol
And I have no argument against that, I guess I could be kinda crazy. But thats why I made this thread. I want to know what you guys think. Although this may be the wrong forums to even ask this since a lot of you havnt even hit puberty yet (no offence).

Qualia

Diamond
Reaction score
I agree with most of those points but I rarely watch it because the internet is much better and holds a lot more. Why have second best?

ExKing

Platinum
Reaction score
I watch maybe some foodball-basketball matches or any interesting movies and i kind agree with what u said

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
What is this 'Television'?

Anyway, I watch TV when it's not possible for me to access the Internet. But the funny thing is that even when I want to go and watch a movie I will still turn my laptop on even though the TV is right there.

toby22

District 13
Reaction score
I watch SpongeBob, Adventure Time, The Regualr Show, and that's it.

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah now it looks really different for the new one. I only watch TV when I'm bored
looks is just one thing
how they act is what I really dont like now.
the old spongebob had witty sarcastic humor. now its just complete stupidity and constant yelling/crying. He is a complete moron now where he wasnt in the old episodes.

toby22

District 13
Reaction score
looks is just one thing
how they act is what I really dont like now.
the old spongebob had witty sarcastic humor. now its just complete stupidity and constant yelling/crying. He is a complete moron now where he wasnt in the old episodes.
In my opinion he really didn't change. Just the graphics changed like its more HD and stuff

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
YouTube and Netflix. Dat's how I roll.

No cable, and I'm actually kind of glad about that,

Tigerstain

Diamond
Reaction score
I tend to just watch sports on TV, but I watch whatever Netflix has to offer every night.

ARB1T3R

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Who would watch TV when you can play MCSG?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci