• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Teaming, Staff, and Clans

byRick

Platinum
Reaction score

Teaming, Staff, and Clans. They all kind of relate towards the same situation.
Allow me to explain.

Since the release of the Statistics Reset there has been a rise in the number of teams. With this rise, a large number of complaints have been born. All over the forums I see "Teaming" "Ban Teamers" "Ban Teaming"
I would like to point out to everyone that teaming is something that has been around since the beginning. While it may be annoying, it is still a very difficult problem to approach. Yes, I understand Staff cannot deal with everything at once, but let's be honest, this problem could have been fixed long ago. I've been in this community for quite some time, and I have had my troubles with teaming. Allow me to give a quote by the great man DQ
Please read it in it's entirety.

"Ok, well for starters:

When it comes to changing things around, MCSG mods are worthless, I'm sorry but it's true. You guys sit in your mod meetings and you talk about cool ideas that could happen to improve the server, but when does it ever get implemented? Exactly, never. Meanwhile things like "MCGamer Credits" exist??? Priorities people.

All the stuff MCSG does in order to "better" itself usually worsens it, even the little things. FOR EXAMPLE:

- What the hell is this stupid ass spec mode go back to the old one
- Who cares about these stupid game modes
- Half of the stupid game modes don't even work right
- Why the hell is stone sword tree still a thing
- Why is no one spending time on improving mcsg
- Get the hell away from clans no one wants staff to interfere - T H A N K S.
- Ok, quick side note while I'm on this topic, and this is my opinion, but get a new lobby please, this one is trash."

Everything written in that quote is true. There have been many problems in our past that have been practically ignored. The Stone Sword Tree on Valleyside, all these new game modes that don't work and rarely ever played. It has come to where I can't even begin to think of a solution to solving this issue, it has evolved into too large of a problem; but please do not say "Ban Teamers", that is a terrible solution.

Now the topic of clans arrive. The idea of banning teamers has been passed around quite often lately and what many people say is that this ruins the idea of clans. This clan issue in games has a very easy solution.
I propose (Many others have proposed this as well) that we create a new server for Survival Games within MCGamer meant specifically for clans. That is the only way staff can help clans and it is the only way they should try and help clans. In this new server you can create parties and invite clan members, maybe even have a ranking in this Clan SG Server for "Official Referees" If needed. However, these referees need to be chosen by the community its self, I would not like a regular old staff member involved.

Well this is all I have for now. Reply with your suggestions, comments, and ideas.

Last edited:

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I must agree. Banning teams would be ridiculous, but maybe there's a limit of 3, and the rest must split into smaller teams or go to the Clan servers.

And honestly, I also agree on DQ's list. The staff gives us a feature suggestion page, and literally nothing there is ever added. Instead, we're given a dumbed-down speed UHC, a useless swear filter, a more useless trash talk filter, and worst of all, Hungry Games.

What happened? When did a republic turn into military rule?

byRick

Platinum
Reaction score
I must agree. Banning teams would be ridiculous, but maybe there's a limit of 3, and the rest must split into smaller teams or go to the Clan servers.

And honestly, I also agree on DQ's list. The staff gives us a feature suggestion page, and literally nothing there is ever added. Instead, we're given a dumbed-down speed UHC, a useless swear filter, a more useless trash talk filter, and worst of all, Hungry Games.

What happened? When did a republic turn into military rule?
I agree with almost everything you say. However, I don't know if a limit on teams would help at all. It would be very easy to bypass a limit.

LightAura

Platinum
Reaction score
You made some great points, Rick. I agree. If anything, make a seperate server for Clans. Also a solo SG Gametype would be nice.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Here I go, about to sound redundant and useless but change is coming.

Alright, what does that mean? Some quick background to this. I've been a mod here for 10 months. I've attended meetings, seen the Sr. Staff go through changes in numbers and staffers, and the like, and given my experience with the network prior to being on the staff added on to my experience while in the staff I can say that change here is likely to come. The fact that not only moderators are discussing things and getting stuff going, but the fact that we seem to be getting through and provoking discussion to the administration makes me think that things are coming soon.

One thing I wish to be improved is the overall communication between the moderation, Sr. Staff, and administration. There seems to be a lot of secrecy, some for good reason, but others if communicated better with everyone I believe could lead to much better efficiency and things we promise to get done could get done much quicker.

Again, I'm not an admin so there are many things I don't know but from the opinion and hopes from a moderator things are coming.

You made some great points, Rick. I agree. If anything, make a seperate server for Clans. Also a solo SG Gametype would be nice.
:^))))

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci