• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SG: Insanity Cause

What do you think of this map?

• Total voters

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Complete!
I have spent the last few weeks working on this, and yay, i've completed it for the date i wanted it done by :) . It's all been done solo, using WorldEdit and WorldPainter for the terrain. Its set on a tropical jungle island with an abandoned military base on it.

Story
The military base was supposedly hacked into by the Japanese during a war, and people quickly moved out, leaving the island completely deserted. Grass and vines have overgrown the island, but most of the structures are still fairly intact. 20 years later, after the war, it has become an arena for the survival games! The map is littered with traps that the host(s) have created, so watch out! There are plenty of chests hidden in the structures and foliage too, but they will require some searching to find!

Specs
Diameter: 400 blocks (island consists of most of this unlike Breeze)
Chests: 101 total (More or less?)
Corn: Same layout as SG4
Enchanting tables: 2 (Opposite sides of the map)

Tier 2's and Enchantment bottles
I have put a sign in the chests that I have intended to be tier 2, due to their difficult or tricky location on the map. The exception to these chests are the Corn chests, which would be tier 2 as usual. Also, there are roughly 20 or so hidden furnaces with enchantment bottles in them, to encourage enchanting to make gameplay more interesting.

For the future
I'd love to see this map get accepted, but if there is anything more people think i can do to improve the map, i'd be happy to do so. Please no stupid suggestions, such as "Redo everything", and download and look at the map before making any suggestions you are unsure about making. It's not intended to be completely post-apocalyptic like sg2 and overgrown, but definitely abandoned.

Click here to download

Screenshots

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Awesome, you should just add a bit of texture detail though in my opinion. At the moment you've got grass, stone, cobblestone, gravel but you should add some mossy stone where grass and cobblestone touch.

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Awesome, you should just add a bit of texture detail though in my opinion. At the moment you've got grass, stone, cobblestone, gravel but you should add some mossy stone where grass and cobblestone touch.
Thats a good thought. I'll make sure to see if I can make that change some time soon

zorrodc

Career
Reaction score
Can we just accept this now or do we have to wait.

Bayani

Platinum
Reaction score
looks good, as usual, static. (its northy btw)

James.D

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Looks to have more detail then breeze which is what I wanted to see for this map. So good job. Let's hope I don;t drown getting stuf fof the floor of that water >.>

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Looks to have more detail then breeze which is what I wanted to see for this map. So good job. Let's hope I don;t drown getting stuf fof the floor of that water >.>
Eh, theres more land so theres much less chance of this happening

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci