• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SG/HG - Overgrown Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

TECHN0B

Survivor
Reaction score
This map is now officially on the MCSG servers, on servers 25-28 on EU/US and 5-6 on AU.

After 2 and a half months of work i present to you the finished over grown arena.

(below is the cinematic of the 50% mark.)

Change log from previous download:

-More traps have been added.
-Added Custom Trees.
-Added more chests.
-Made start and map more balanced.
-Added more variation to the terrain.
-Re did all the trees removing ground foliage in large portions of the map to make navigating easier.
-Added a 500 Radius Glass dome around the edges makeing it suitable for 24 + 48 people maps.
-Fixed the spawning pads.
-Fixed spawn.
-Made 24 player map save.
-Made 48 player map save.

Below is an album of unaltered in game footage, no shaders in a 128x version of default:

http://imgur.com/a/eYGGF

Some "renders":

For some reason the Uploader for files her isn't working for my map, i keep getting an error, so here are links to media fire downloads:

48:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ctcuuv682wjrge3

Projects By Techno are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/

TECHN0B

Survivor
Reaction score
Ah... i just went and looked at it now, glad people seem to like it ^.^

TECHN0B

Survivor
Reaction score
I am gonna update this tonight when i get home, (gonna make it 48 players instead of 20) ill have to remove the red-stone in the spawn for the stairs for the 48 player version. I'll add a couple more chests to the spawn and in the jungle as well. Same rules as the current version just more people will be playing and the spawn will be different. Hopefully i get the new 48 player version out tonight so be ready for that :)

B

bigmike4life

Really cool map i played it but is way to big for 24 or 48.
Also the city is forever away from the spawn.

TECHN0B

Survivor
Reaction score
Really cool map i played it but is way to big for 24 or 48.
Also the city is forever away from the spawn.
LOl it takes me like 3 minutes to get to the city, there is a back way to it which halves this time as well. And the map island it self is a little under 1000x1000, beta tested it with about 40 friends and they all seemed to have a blast in the massive map.

schnikes

Career
Reaction score
Could you maybe post up some default texture pack pics, so we can see if it's not an eyesore on default? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci