• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Replying To A Feature Suggestion

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
After seeing plenty of people making useless replies to people's suggestions, I decided to make a thread on how to make a good reply to someone's suggestion. Hopefully, this influences people's replies to future threads :)

Most people won't mind if you say something like "Cool idea, I'd love to see it on the servers." It shows that you support the idea, and that's what the thread maker probably wants! It works well. But if you don't think it's a good idea and say something as simple yet still polite as "Not really a good idea, I prefer our current system," people will probably want you to explain your reasoning. And finally, if you're rude about it and say "NO I HATE YOUR IDEA THAT'S STUPID GTFO," people will dislike you and still want you to explain. And there are some things that you quite simply shouldn't do in the first place, all stated below.

However, it's always good to explain yourself, even if you just say you like the idea. You might be able to convince some of those that disagree with the idea that it's actually a good suggestion, and even if they still disagree after your post, you will have posted some good arguments and have proved your point. It can also start a discussion, which is fun as long as it doesn't turn into a situation that would require a fire truck.

If you disagree with the idea, please do explain yourself. It's more respectable (not saying other people aren't, but it's nice when I see someone writing a long post with some good points) and also, like above, allows the reader to consider another view point.

Last of all, don't hate on the thread or thread maker. It's just rude, and it's completely unnecessary. If you disagree with an idea, be nice about it and like I said above, explain your reasons for not supporting the idea. Also, discussion is good! It's what causes people to change their minds and you could win another follower for your idea. And in addition to that, don't be stubborn. Be willing to change your thoughts! :)

And also, to thread makers, like in my Path to a Good Feature Suggestion thread, don't get mad at someone for disagreeing with your idea. Unless they are being mean about it, they aren't hating on your idea and have the right to have an opinion different from yours.

There are some things that people say quite often which are useless to say, and don't have any effect on the suggestion, or at least very little.

One of such things is saying "No, it's a good idea but it's not worth the effort." It's always worth the effort if it's a good suggestion, unless it's completely crazy and involves restructuring the whole plugin (where I'm doubtful any reasonable suggestions exist with such effects).

Another thing is "There are higher priority things to work on, but good suggestion :)" The developers decide what to work on and when, or maybe Chad sometimes. It's useless, you might as well just say yes, and it can make the thread maker feel disliked in some situations.

Hopefully, this will help in replying to a suggestion :) Good luck in your future endeavours to post on threads.

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
Alright. That's good.

Edit: since this is pinned, I guess it's appropriate to say, First!

Last edited:

vyber60

Survivor
Reaction score
NO THIS IS STUPID GTFO xD, aha i did what you said not to hehe im such a rebel, nah but this is good that someone is making a thread about this <3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci