• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Problems with Hands (CS:GO Related. Kinda)

Cole

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey guys. So, I've noticed this problem i've had lately. I didn't notice it at all when i played Minecraft, or when i was silver or gold nova. But once i reached MG1 and DMG, it became a problem.

I can't really move my right hand. I'd rather move my character to aim then move my mouse, and i can't break the habit. If you're having trouble visualizing this, imagine this. I'm hiding behind boxes, i can see you, and you can't get a good shot at me. But i don't want to (or have the ability to) move my crosshair to you, so instead i peak out, and die from it.

My crosshair placement is phenomenal, but because i dont move my mouse, i can't tap properly, and it really surprises that i was able to make it to DMG essentially being handicapped.

Dose anyone know what this is (If it's called anything) and how to break it? If i could break this habit or train myself to stop doing it, i could make it farther in a lot of FPS games.

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
Hey guys. So, I've noticed this problem i've had lately. I didn't notice it at all when i played Minecraft, or when i was silver or gold nova. But once i reached MG1 and DMG, it became a problem.

I can't really move my right hand. I'd rather move my character to aim then move my mouse, and i can't break the habit. If you're having trouble visualizing this, imagine this. I'm hiding behind boxes, i can see you, and you can't get a good shot at me. But i don't want to (or have the ability to) move my crosshair to you, so instead i peak out, and die from it.

My crosshair placement is phenomenal, but because i dont move my mouse, i can't tap properly, and it really surprises that i was able to make it to DMG essentially being handicapped.

Dose anyone know what this is (If it's called anything) and how to break it? If i could break this habit or train myself to stop doing it, i could make it farther in a lot of FPS games.
I used to do this actually. I changed it by changing my chair and how high/low I sat respective to my mouse. So now that I sit higher up with a better chair, I actually move the mouse the correct way. I'd give it a try if I were you.

Yured

Diamond
Reaction score
I used to do this actually. I changed it by changing my chair and how high/low I sat respective to my mouse. So now that I sit higher up with a better chair, I actually move the mouse the correct way. I'd give it a try if I were you.
Blamphie!!!!

MrMets

Experienced
Reaction score
It will come eventually then it will be like muscle memory for you! How long have you been playing CSGO for?

Cole

Platinum
Reaction score
It will come eventually then it will be like muscle memory for you! How long have you been playing CSGO for?
Nothing becomes muscle memory if you dont use the muscle to make the memory. About 8 months. Thanks for the suggestion though, nothing can happen though if i can't break the habit.
That actually makes a lot of sense. I'll for sure try your suggestion. Btw, i was huge fan back when i played minecraft. Thanks for helping.

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
That actually makes a lot of sense. I'll for sure try your suggestion. Btw, i was huge fan back when i played minecraft. Thanks for helping.
Thanks! Hope it helps man, goodluck.

Cole

Platinum
Reaction score
Thanks! Hope it helps man, goodluck.
I raised my chair to it's max and it gave me a slight advantage, then lowered my sensitivity thinking i might consciously be moving slowly because my sensitivity was 8.6. And it felt better, but it's still moving a lot less. Considering getting a mouse pad or lowering it further, but the chair did help.

Ryska

Platinum
Reaction score
DMG is still a low rank so there is no surprise you made it there
/closed

Aidan

Platinum
Reaction score
If it is still uncomfortable after the chair fix I suggest doing 1 of 2 things (or both.)

1. So you are right handed I believe (since you use right handed mouse) so I suggest enabling CS console and hitting your ~ key and then typing in cl_righthand 0. This will change your player to instead of using the right hand to hold their weapon it will instead make them use their left hand. This one improves your AWPing and rifle skills if you are right handed and will two possibly change the fact that you dont want to/cant move your right hand.

2. Try not to play for a while or take a long break. I find that if I play for a while I end up just being to lazy to even react to a player in front of me, I will run a certain direction towards a player and if someone starts shooting me from the left I would not feel like adjusting to shoot him back. I now try to take breaks of like 30 minutes between competitive games by just going on the forums, or watching a tv show which would help my hand regenerate its will to move :p

(I obviously am not an expert and neither of these may work, either way though I do suggest changing your gun to the left side because it has VASTLY improved my skill especially AWPing.)

P.S Whats your steam??

Cole

Platinum
Reaction score
If it is still uncomfortable after the chair fix I suggest doing 1 of 2 things (or both.)

1. So you are right handed I believe (since you use right handed mouse) so I suggest enabling CS console and hitting your ~ key and then typing in cl_righthand 0. This will change your player to instead of using the right hand to hold their weapon it will instead make them use their left hand. This one improves your AWPing and rifle skills if you are right handed and will two possibly change the fact that you dont want to/cant move your right hand.

2. Try not to play for a while or take a long break. I find that if I play for a while I end up just being to lazy to even react to a player in front of me, I will run a certain direction towards a player and if someone starts shooting me from the left I would not feel like adjusting to shoot him back. I now try to take breaks of like 30 minutes between competitive games by just going on the forums, or watching a tv show which would help my hand regenerate its will to move :p

(I obviously am not an expert and neither of these may work, either way though I do suggest changing your gun to the left side because it has VASTLY improved my skill especially AWPing.)

P.S Whats your steam??
I've been playing left handed since GN3 because my left eye is my dominant eye.
And i was just on a two week vacation. :/
Normally the second one works, and it's not that i'm doing bad, it's just im trying to improve.

DMG Account: http://steamcommunity.com/id/thejuxify
GN3 Account: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Grapefartz/

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Definitely something that can be fixed by practicing different or more 'correct' techniques. This is similar to how I fixed my shot in basketball when I started playing AAU, since it had to be tweaked. Simply try different things and work on something that is comfortable to you and improves or stabilizes yor performance.

Cole

Platinum
Reaction score
Definitely something that can be fixed by practicing different or more 'correct' techniques. This is similar to how I fixed my shot in basketball when I started playing AAU, since it had to be tweaked. Simply try different things and work on something that is comfortable to you and improves or stabilizes yor performance.
Yeah i understand this but i need to find out what that thing is.

Because, like in your story in basketball, you had a coach to tell you what was wrong and what you needed to fix, and then what to do to fix it. I don't have that luxury atm and need to find it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci