• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

PC Building Guide! (:

Preston417

Career
Reaction score
I built a beast PC and now my primary computer is a MacBook Pro, I find them kind of pointless to build, pretty big waste of $1200.

Helpful guide for those who need it nonetheless. :)

SolarBleu

Platinum
Reaction score
Thank you for the helpful guide, I will definitely take these tips in consideration when I start getting more parts.

Danny

Platinum
Reaction score
There are many things I would've done differently in the two builds you recommended.

For the first build I would've gotten this instead: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/JTrGPs

For the second I would've gotten this: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/czZQPs

Maybe they are both a tiny bit more expensive, but you are getting way better value.
I see what you've done and they are both very, very good parts. The reason I didn't choose those parts however is because for the liquid cooling, it has to be done so precisely that it could really screw up your build if something goes wrong. I see for the second build you chose the i7-6700, why I didn't choose that is because a lot of people are overclocking now and with the processors without the 'k' at the end, you can't overclock. Sure, it may be a better processor at default, but you could totally overclock the i5-6600k to get the same performance as the i7-6600. With the different SSD, I have very good experiences and all of my friends have too with the OCZ Trion series SSD's. The Samsung 850 EVO, sure, it's an awesome SSD, but $90? I personally think that is way to steep when there's a $30 difference for 10 more gb than the Trion. Corsair RAM? I see why you picked that, but I think that the G.Skill parts are really underrated and people would be surprised when they see the quality in them. SeaSonic Power Supply? I've seen really good ratings on them, and I have no experience with them, so I'm gonna have to pass on this one. Now for the NZXT S340 Case that you put on both builds, the main problem with this is because there is no Optical Drive bay in the entire case. You could be saying to yourself that what about just buying stuff online without needing physical copies. I buy physical copies a lot to avoid shipping costs, and I need a drive bay. The OS that you got is meh. It takes up a USB spot and some cases and motherboards have very minimal which is why I just chose a Disk Version, and you couldn't get the disk version with the case, because the case does not have an optical drive bay. I have no experience with ASRock motherboards, but I've had a mediocre experience with a lot of their other parts. Good job though man, and thanks for taking the time out of your day to comment and leave some feedback! Have a good day!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci