- May 14, 2013
- Reaction score
- 200+ prefilled chests.
- Roughly 280 block radius
You and your fellow combatants have arrived on the abandoned island of Requiem. Search for hidden treasures, clues as to the whereabouts of the former inhabitants, and most importantly do your best to survive until dawn.
Trailer (low quality I know):
Massively updated version of Requiem. Updates include:
- Reworked the beacon meta game to be more reliable. Now rather than flipping toggles at the four corners, players must bring the keystones to the central location and place them at the altars. This avoids any redstone glitches or bugs.
- All structures have been overhauled to be more aesthetically pleasing, both the Relics and the pilgrim settlements.
- All chest contents have been updated.
- Added additional structures (houses), paths (skybridges), and scenery (giant mushrooms).
If you want to use it on a server I'd appreciate it if you credited me and let me know that it has found a good home.
Download Links: http://www.mediafire.com/download/le8vri5vjhzic03/Blocktopia_SMP - Origins - MCSG.zip
This map is a bit of a different beast than most SG maps I've seen, so here are a few tips.
- Use the environment to your advantage. There are many points in the map designed to function as ambush points or choke points. Knock better-geared foes to their deaths (or into the water).
- If you can collect the keystones you'll be in good shape. Just don't wander into an ambush while carrying them, as you'll just be helping someone else.
- The map may look confusing, but the layout is fairly open and there are distinctive landmarks and paths. Give it some time.
- Ranged combat is favored here thanks to the layout. Often you'll be able to see someone long before you can hit them with a sword.
- Don't blindly chase after players, especially on the skybridges.
The theme of Origins is a combination of ancient structures that have been converted into towns and villages by the pilgrims. These structures are often connected by series of skybridges that offer fast transit across the terrain at a higher risk of being spotted.
The cornucopia is at the top of the central largest structures. There are multiple paths to reach the surrounding regions from here, but it will be a bit tricky to get out unscathed.
The map may be broken down into three rings. The central structure is the focal part of the action. The second ring consists of a large lake with multiple bridges and paths across to reduce swimmers. The outer ring is a dense forest with many secrets and settlements.
The entire map is set on a floating island. This allows for no glass dome, and no waterfalls are present for sneaky players to hide in.
There are several "Relics" or shrines around the island, each with their own lore.
The surrounding forest is completely custom. Paths with signposts are scattered about, connecting all the major points of interest and aiding in communication.
There are four beacons, each containing a keystone. Keep your eyes open.