• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

No-no suggestions- Survival Games discussion Edition *Read before posting*

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Hai-

As many of you may have seen, or heard of, slasherxtreme created a thread containing 'No-no suggestions' for the "Feature suggestions" forum. (You can find that thread here.)
The thread basically listed suggestions that had been suggested numerous times, and denied each time.
This thread will work much like that one, except it will contain a list of thread topics that are generally just a bad idea to post about.

Removing maps~
Threads about removing are a 'no-no' simply because it's rude, and will generate quite a large flame war.

How is posting your opinion on a map rude?
Think about it.
You're a map maker who's worked endlessly on an MCSG map, adding even the smallest details and perfecting it to the point where it's accepted into MCSG.
Your feeling pretty good, and as you log into the forums, your heart sinks.
You see a thread titled "Remove {insert map here}."
That's your map.
You click it and find that this person finds your map "Badly built", "Lacking in Gameplay aspects", "Horribly terraformed," and the list goes on.
That's practically getting punched in the stomach.
Imagine how that would feel.

I understand you have an opinion, but sometimes you need to use your better judgment.
A thread like that will do 10x more damage then it's worth, creating a near-definite flame war about the map, and, overall hurting the builder(s) feelings.

If a map was good enough to be added into MCSG, it will NOT be removed.

Who do you think is the best {insert topic} on MCSG?~
Any threads concerning the 'best' anything on MCSG is a 'no-no' because it can and sometimes will hurt the feelings of the people who weren't chosen, or the people who were chosen and lost.
Not only that, but it is a nesting habitat for flame wars about who the best player is.
Sure, it provokes discussion, but it's usually negative.

Lag~
Lag is a definite 'no-no' because it has more than likely already been posted about numerous times, and doesn't really even belong in "Survival Games Discussion."
As a fairly active forummer, the amount of posts about lag has got to be OVER 9000.
Just because you're experiencing some lag, does not mean you need to post a thread about it, demanding it to be fixed.
The developers have lives, and sometimes other jobs.
They cannot sit at their computer, fixing every little bug 24/7.

When a new update comes out, it is always important to notify the community of new bugs and glitches, but after it's been posted about more than three times, we get the idea.

1.7.2~

It has been requested to add this segment, and I agree that it is helpful1.7.2 and it's features has been controversial even before the update was released. There have been plenty of threads, and discussions regarding a particular feature- the "auto-sprint".
Because I am writing this as if it is an article, I will remain completely unbiased to the best of my ability. Whatever your opinion is on the matter, that's yours, not mine :)

Many people find the update to negate fair gameplay, and for it to be annoying, and hurt PVP aspects. Others find it to be OK, and don't really mind at all. Regardless, it is almost unchangeable on MCSG's end, and is difficult to hold a discussion about.

There is only a certain point to which MCSG can negate minecraft updates. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow, and go with whatever minecraft throws at us :p

-----------------
This is currently all the major topics I've come up with, so feel free to reply with any you'd like to see added.
Hopefully this will (somewhat) clear up the forums ;)

Last edited:

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
As a fairly active forummer, the amount of posts about lag has got to be OVER 9000.
Just a slight correction... between general support, survival games discussions, and feature suggestions, there's only 6,500 threads...

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
TIP: If you're going to make a thread, at least come up with something that hasn't been made a billion times. Be original.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Just a slight correction... between general support, survival games discussions, and feature suggestions, there's only 6,500 threads...
Not threads, posts. I still don't know if it is possible, but close enough.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci