• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Minimap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm just asking: Why is it banned? I'm not using it or anything, but i don't see the advantage it gives. Statement pls? :)

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
Even anything that gives the slightest advantage is banned. Minimap is used to locate where you are supposed to go in Pre-Game, or to locate landmarks in rather forest-y maps such as SG1.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Waypoints remove the memory game from finding chests and certain landmarks. The minimap also gives a dynamic heads up display of the map, in some cases it can give an unfair advantage, say you spot a building in the sky on the map which you wouldn't of seen without it.

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
You'd be surprised how much minimaps actually can help people, and as it is an advantage over others, it is not permitted on these servers. There are some maps on which it can be quite difficult to find the corn, such as SG1 like Hystericallify mentioned, or SG3... and having a minimap would make that easy.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
You'd be surprised how much minimaps actually can help people, and as it is an advantage over others, it is not permitted on these servers. There are some maps on which it can be quite difficult to find the corn, such as SG1 like Hystericallify mentioned, or SG3... and having a minimap would make that easy.
Protip: Head towards the MASSIVE hollow mountain ;P

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Waypoints remove the memory game from finding chests and certain landmarks. The minimap also gives a dynamic heads up display of the map, in some cases it can give an unfair advantage, say you spot a building in the sky on the map which you wouldn't of seen without it.
Oh, i forgot the Waypoint thingy :) Thank you Shaun, i got it now :D

RaddishDew

Survivor
Reaction score
Minimap is sexy. But I understand how powerful it can be if you go around marking every single chest with waypoints.

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
Not only can you place waypoints, with other minimaps it also shows you locations of players/chests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci