• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Minecraft Holograms

Would you like to see this in the MCGamer hub?

• Total voters

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
As I was playing some Overcast Network, I noticed a cool little gadget they had, holograms. Real, awesome, holograms in Minecraft!

you can see the text message and the cool animated emblem, which was currently moving so that's why it's unclear.

Asdjke explains how it all works and how to easily set one up using MCEdit filters.

Now why, might some of you be asking, is that crazy kid telling us about this? Because imagine how much of a wow-factor this would be in the hub! Not only will it be a wow factor, but also be really useful. An holographic message board is a hell of a lot cooler and, well, useful, then just a boring old sign... And how awesome would it be those pixel art icons telling you what game mode you're heading to would be, if they were animated on a holographic image?!

Anyways, tell me your opinion on this idea, and if it's a good replacement for signs, pixel art, and such.

Plg21

District 13
Reaction score
While I like the idea, it wouldn't be a wow factor since another server has it. Maybe something similar would be really cool though.

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
What's that texture pack??

It looks hawt :3

Upperbyte

Diamond
Reaction score
It wont be a wow factor but still, its an awesome and amazing feature

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
Sweet idea, I just looked at that video a few days ago! Also, I believe this thread should be in 'Feature Suggestions.'

Reaction score
While I like the idea, it wouldn't be a wow factor since another server has it. Maybe something similar would be really cool though.
That's like saying the trampoline wasn't really great because other servers have it. Since it's a Minecraft feature, it's probably still considerable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci