• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Minecraft FOV

Raphahell

Survivor
Reaction score
Hello!

I wanna ask you something

When you go to minecraft options you got there a bar called "FOV"

And by default it is set to "normal"

What is FOV and does that help you to sprint faster?

When i watch youtube videos of survival games i have the impression that the person who records runs faster then i do when i play

Can someone explain me what is that FOV and if it helps you to run faster ?

BeauShilton

Tribute
Reaction score
FOV stands for Field OF View. It just extends your field of view and does not help you to sprint faster. When you watch gameplays of people with Quake Pro or higher FOV, their screen tends to move faster and shake more vigorously which looks as if you are sprinting faster than normal people but you don't. I repeat you are just extending your field of view if you increase it and it does not change the way you sprint in the game.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
FOV is Field of View.
It doesn't effect your sprinting, it just makes it seem like that. The basic function of it is giving you a wider view. It stretches the camera back so you can see to the sides better.

Henry

Diamond
Reaction score
I use FOV 88. I'm trying to get used to lower settings, I started with quake pro.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
People say FOV increases how far you can see in some directions, so that you can see more around you and possibly improve your gameplay in that manner. I find it also improves my PvP and it makes me feel like I'm sprinting faster so I'm happy about that :p
You don't actually sprint faster, and you don't necessarily PvP better, it's dependent on the person for that and everyone always sprints at the same speed unless they are hacking.

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
In all honesty, I prefer to play on the lower FOV's due to the fact that if I go to a high one, I can't always tell if I am in reach to hit someone or not. It really messes with my gameplay.

Happyhose

Diamond
Reaction score
I always play on Quake Pro.
I cannot stand normal though

MattZeeX

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Played Minecraft in Alpha and Beta so I stick with normal FOV.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci